Should most guys know how to repair machinery, change oil in a car. Would you think less of a guy if he didn’t know?

• Yes
  • No

412

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes for the first question. Slightly yes for the second. I also think girls should know how to do it.

I think the ability to repair cars and other things, and the ability to grow food, should be a graduation requirement for high school. People learn that Prince so-and-so married Princess so-and-so 800 years ago, but they haven't learned extremely basic skills like how to repair things or grow their own food.

• I don't think less of a guy who doesn't, no.

But, I think having those skills can make you more appealing, or at least more of a go to guy.

Jumping a girl's car when she's stranded or offering to do particular repairs when she complains about quotes she got is actually a really good way to get her number :)

Also something like eighty percent of the time I talk about my car (only when she brings it up, cause I'm not that guy) and I mention it's a stick, it leads to her asking for a ride or to teach her or something. Yet another skill that a man can use as relationship ammunition.

I do think though there are a few basics every man needs to be aware of that I kinda tsk tsk if I see them failing at. Like how to tie a tie or which side of the car their gas cap is on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone should know how to do basic maintenance on their own car. Has nothing to do with having a penis. It's about knowing basic adult skills and saving money.

• Are you really saving money though? An oil change typically only costs $20. The median earner in the U. S. makes $27/hr.

So, if an hour of your time has a monetary value of $27, and it takes you 2 hours to research, and another 2-3 hours to perform the task (because you aren't a professional), then you are out at least $108. Whereas simply paying a professional would've cost you $20.

This is why he have a currency in the first place: so each member of the society can choose a craft to specialize in, earn money, and trade that money for the product of another's craft. It is more efficient and less costly for both if a corn farmer and a wheat farmer trade amongst themselves, than if each of them were to learn how to grow both corn and wheat.

• Lol shops love inflating stuff here. They wanted close to fifty bucks to just MOUNT my dad's snow tires to his forester after they did a transmission repair this year.

I literally laughed at them across the counter and said let's go home I'll do it in five minutes.

• @Azhirii I mean, I get it. You are paying for the convenience. Like delivery pizza. You aren't paying for pizza. You are paying to have large quantities of cheap food brought right to your home. If you actually want good pizza you have to go out, buy the ingredients, and make it yourself.