Fellow cat lovers, any advice on how to make two cats get along?

I have two cats, a male and a female, both fixed. They're brother and sister and been together their entire life, and got along great when they were younger. They're both now 2, and they've been fighting constantly these past few months, from hissing to hitting and biting each other. I've been needing to separate them to different parts of the house because of it. I don't know why they suddenly started hating each other. Anyone have this happen before? Any advice on how to have them get along again?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Are they both fixed? They need their own little boxes and separate sleeping beds or cat trees.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1d

Yes, they're both fixed. They both have their own litter box, they have separate cat trees and beds as well.

• 1d

When my cats would act up, a loud clap of your hands and a stern vocal "HEY!" would stop them and scare them apart. You might have to start that to train them to realize if they fight you will scare them.

What Girls Said 1

• It’s natural for female cats to repel their male kittens or their brothers once they reach a certain age.

There’s nothing you can do to magically make them love each other but you can try things like petting and giving them treats them at the same time.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes