Why do I need a receipt for a donut?

I bought a donut and they gave me a receipt for the donut. I don’t need a receipt for the donut. I’ll just give you the money, and you give me the donut, end of transaction. We don’t need to bring ink and paper into this. I just can’t imagine a scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a donut. Some skeptical friend: “Don’t even act like I didn’t get that donut! I got the documentation right here…oh, wait it’s at home…in the file…under “D”. Why do I need a receipt for a donut?

1643

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah, this is a good point- it should be entirely paperless (also for tax purposes, if applicable) for those that do, and perhaps one should only be issued if the customer specifically asks for it. Real waste of resources.

• Mitch Hedberg was a genius. R. i. p. I'd like to see a vending machine that sold vending machines. It would have to be really really big. Haha