How to determine accurately your Myers Briggs personality type?

I've done many of these tests and I get a different result from each one, or even a different results in the same test. So I don't know if I'm a INTP, INFP, INTJ, ISTJ or a ASDFGHJK. Maybe I'm just "special"...

So I don't know, do you know your type in this kind of jungian based horoscope, don't care or get different results each time?

311

Most Helpful Guys

• You know why you don't fall consistently into one type?

Because you encompass ALL Types!
    Such is your great personality and character that you are able to fluidly move between each personality type. Your subconscious mind "flows" into each personality type, depending on the situation you find yourself in, and your subconscious is so good at this that you always "flow" into the personality type that will yield the maximum benefit from each situation.

So yes, you are special.
    The X-Men have nothing on you!

• What a nice person you are, too kind words. However I don't think I'm that fluid (I wish I was), I feel more like questions are not enaugh specific as I see different ways to understand them and therefore to apply to my person, or like other users said that I probably change how I understand myself according to my circumstances in that moment. But in the end, nobody is 100% stable so would be natural to change through time... I don't know 🤔

• 6d

Perhaps you are borderline case in some of the four categories. And that means the chances are high that you could be 2 or 3 different personalities, like you're on the border of each of them, not entrenched in any one personality, but skirting around the edges, dipping your toes into all 2 or 3 of them.

Having said that, I can assure you that there are people who consistently fall into one personality. I have done more than 20 of these tests. Some of them I actually did at places where people sit in chairs in suits and ties and interview you. And I have gotten the same result every single time.

So, either I'm very "100% stable" as you mentioned, or I'm the most boring person alive. :)

• 6d

Wait, do people really use this for job iinterviews? :V

About that last paragraph, you can't be boring, you are mr. writer

• INTP, ISTJ and INTJ aren't very far from each other.

My advice is to always select "strongly agree/strongly disagree" for answers and to keep track of what traits you receive the most conflicting scores in.
    Most of my traits are well above 70% except for the S / N, which floats between 50 / 50, so I sometimes get INTJ instead of ISTJ.

I personally think that the S / N, or intuitive vs observant trait is the most arbitrary and has the lowest predictive validity.
    The first letter is the most predictive, very closely followed by the third letter, then fourth and finally the second.

• I suppose it depends on the person. My traits are usually near that 50% even if I strongly agree or disagree. I have too much contradiction inside, I guess

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh. Those tests.
    Okay, so the thing about those tests is that they are inaccurate. You are getting a different result each time as they are based off of you self image the moment and your mood. Maybe today you feel less social than normal, and so you are now an introvert. They are based off your personality in the moment and I think we all have days we feel more or less of one trait, but that doesn't mean we are permanently like that.
    I hear there are some jobs that use this test to place you in a position? Ugh, ugh, UGH!

• I guess it changes because of that. I never heard of anyone using that as a professional tool, hope I never find a job in which they use it, would be like using regular horoscope... Like "you get promotion because you are Leo!" or so

• 7d

Yeah; it wasn't even developed by someone in the soft sciences, but it was designed as a fun party test by housewives