Does selling some of your used, uneeded items indicate that you are frugal?

Obviously, frugal people like to pinch every penny they have and will sell their unused things, but do non-frugal, rich, spendy, generous people do the same? Does it likely indicate ambition more than frugality?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• People sell items that are heavy online if the buyer picks it up from there. That saves the seller to carry heavy objects, and the buyer gets it cheap.

People who want to save the planet use second hand items and sell the items they bought in a normal store to reduce garbage.

Non-Frugal people sell their stuff as well. My brother is not rich, but he earns a lot. He just spends it fast as well. And he sells his unused items online.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I see. So in essence, a generous, rich, spendy person would also sell their items.

• I am old enough and have sufficient financial assets such that I have not sold anything in years. Plenty came my way in my youth, so now I get to pass it on.

Frugal and ambitious work. Why does this concern you?

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Just wondering if someone who sells stuff if they already have money is doing it out of ambition or frugality.

• Show All
    • 6d

Is it true that all people who sell their stuff are struggling financially?

• 6d

I don't think so.

What Girls Said 3

• I take anything that I no longer need, that is in good condition, to a charity shop. Someone might want it for a small amount of money for the charity. Better than throwing it away. As a student, I have to be frugal, but with things that are not worth anything much, it is better to give them to charity.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

If someone sells it instead of donating it, does that mean that they are frugal or just ambitious? Assuming they already have money.

• 6d

I think if they already have money, depending on the value of the item, if they try and sell small items, I think it is simply being mean.

• 6d

Mean as in ambitious or as in cheap?

• There's nothing wrong with getting rid of shit you don't use. It's more retarded to not sell it.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I’m not disputing that, however I want to know if people who aren’t frugal would do the same. Especially if they have money. What do you think?

• Show All
    • 6d

Why do some people say that rich people who sell their stuff aren’t truly rich because they don’t have the time for that?

• 6d

Again, because they're idiots. Rich people are rich because they do things like this.

• Yeah. I sell my used tampons all the time

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes