Do you think people with mental health issue have a right to adopt children?

1629

Most Helpful Guys

• I think it depends on what type of issue, and whether they have a demonstrable history of proper self-care or not. I've seen disabled parents raise perfectly good kids, etc, so if they can show that they are worthy, let 'em do it.

• Nope. I dont think anyone has a "right" to adopt children, especially if they can't be trusted to act right.

Most Helpful Girls

• It would definitely depend on the mental health issue.

As long as its manageable (either through meds or other activities), and doesn't pose a threat to yourself or a child, then I dont see why it should inhibit anyone!

• I would not want a mentally unstable person to be able to adopt a child. If they can't take care of themselves how can they take care of a child?