What age do you stop getting excited for your birthday/is it normal?

I feel like when i was younger, i used to get excited for my birthday and my friends birthday... i loved it!

I’m turning 20 today and I just don’t feel the hype anymore... is it because the older you get, the less excited you get? Is this normal? I kind of feel sad not being as excited as I did when I was young. It makes me emotional lol but i was just wondering if i was the only one/when you guys (if you guys) stopped being excited?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Last time I was really excited was when I turned 19. Meant I could drink legally. So basically that night was a gong show. Every other birthday after that was a meh.
    Other people are more interested in my birthday or others birthday because it gives them an excuse to party

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wasn’t excited for my birthday this year. Told my parents to not get me anything. They really wanted to celebrate so I just told them to take us to watch a movie. They also wanted cake so they took me to Walmart to pick one out with some ice cream. But yeah, wasn’t really that excited about it. It’s just another day. I miss the excitement I used to have for things. Christmas hasn’t felt the same for the past couple years either.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• 19. I'm a legal adult already. Nothing fancy to look forward to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate my birthday. Does depression and misery count as excitement?

0|0
    0|0
  • Seventeen

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes