Which is better? Gas powered vehicles or electric vehicles?

Seems like gas powered vehicles are more convenient because if you run low on gas, you just fill it up. Electric vehicles are more efficient but you can only go so far before your battery needs to be charged which can lead you stranded somewhere and when you do charge it up, you have to wait maybe 30 minutes to an hour or even more to continue on with your trip but at least you save money on gas and oil.

What do you guys think?
  • Gas powered vehicles
  • Electric vehicles

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Electric are a crock of shit. People that are all for them seem to think that electricity comes from wall outlets, just like the animal rights whackos that think meat is made in the grocery store. Apparently the electricity just magics itself to the outlet. It doesn't require power plants that burn coal, oil, or natural gas. Nuclear power produces nuclear waste, which isn't a massive problem until the greenies whine and won't let it be stored anywhere. Then there are the batteries for the electric cars. The resources have to be mined, and they're not common. And the super toxic batteries eventually have to be disposed of.

Electric vehicles aren't an option for those of us that live somewhere that gets this thing called 'winter'. Cold kills batteries. And electric vehicles don't have the power to get through snow.

It's going to take a lot of innovation and improvement before electric vehicles are anything more than a way for the coastal liberals to feel good about themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hopefully, in time, better batteries will be developed so we can recharge them in the same amount of time that it takes to fill up a tank with gasoline. As we know, electric cars are better for the environment and (eventually) we'll use up all the natural oil and gas on our planet.

It would be nice if cars could be made that use both solar energy and electric power. Maybe they could have a solar panel on the roof and on sunny days, the car can be "recharging" while we're driving down the street. On cloudy days (or at night), the car could use the backup electric power. 😉

I saw a segment on 60 Minutes that talked about eco-friendly biofuels and those can be used in our current vehicles! The biofuels are better for our environment and we can produce them right in our own neighborhoods (rather than being dependent on foreign nations for our energy)! 😊