What would yo do if you lived in the Nazi period and you secretly kept Jews in your house and the Nazi came to search your house?

I was watching this scene last nigh and I was wondering what I would have done if I was in his situation. Admit they are there to save my own family or deny it and still give them a chance, but risk eveyone's life?

• Deny you have Jews in your house
  • Admit you do keep them in your house
  • I wouldn't have kept them in my house anyway
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
in this scenario the farmer wasn't killed for admitting it.

320

Most Helpful Guys

• It’s a hard decision, especially if you have a family. If I didn’t have a family, the decision to not give up the family I’m hiding would be much easier, because I don’t have daughters, sons, or a wife to consider. Now, let’s say that I knew the intentions of these people (Nazis) and that I had no uncertainty that if I were to give up the family to them, the family would most certainly be enslaved until they died or die a horrible death in a concentration camp. With this in mind, I’d most likely have no qualms in killing the Nazis. After that, I’d need to find some way to get the family out of the country to somewhere safe and hide the bodies of the Nazis and hope other Nazis don’t come to my address and inquire about missing personnel. It would probably be difficult to get rid of the Nazi vehicle adequately but I believe I can get it done. Getting rid of the bodies wouldn’t be too hard. I do believe I have a moral obligation to fight and eradicate evil if I can. Now, there will be moments where it might not be reasonably be the best decision, but perhaps those moments are a test of how strongly you believe in your beliefs. You can’t just believe in them when things are going well. The test is to perform when it is difficult. Again, I want to reiterate. I do know the Nazis as being evil and their intentions towards the family. I’m not unaware of who the Nazis are, what they’re doing nationwide, and what they intend to do with the family if I so choose to hand them over to the Nazis. I doubt that too many people knew what the Nazis were exactly doing, as compared to today. Today, we have a clearer picture that perhaps the past generation did not have.

• I would like to think I would take the best option and convince the Nazis I did not have any Jews in my house. If that didn't work, then lie that there were no Jews there. But we can't really say how moral we would be in those situations, until we get put in them and the fiber of our character is tested

• They would search your house no matter what you say, also, if they would find them without you telling them they would kill you and your family

• You can't predict that they would search your house no matter what you say. in the moment, you don't have that forsight, so you have to act with the best knowledge you have. And hope that fear doesn't take over.

• Thanks for the MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm very good at acting and I have the benefit to deal with a man (men have a weakness for women in general). Looking at his body language, that nazi seems chill and confident, he is nearly convinced there is someone hiding, so denying it will worsen the situation. I'd probably admit and tell him it belongs to my plan and show him I support his ideology (although I absolutely won't). I'd form a (n) (emotional) connection with him by pushing onto his weakness. What I will say and how I will behave is determined by his body language and the tone of his voice.

• Yeah, and he will need proof to believe so will probably ask you to kill them

• Of course, it would be stupid of me to not consider the consequences while I'm at it.
      They'd find it out anyway so I could better save myself.