Is crying a sign of strength or weakness?

Is crying a sign of strength or weakness?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't judge other people who cry - but I sometimes feel embarrassed to cry in public unless I am crying over a death in the family or over my own problems. Today I was at church and the pastor talked about the tragic murder of an 11 year old girl who lived in a city close to where we were located and I was trying not to cry cause I did not want people to think I was stupid for crying over somebody I didn't know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation. If my mother dies, I'm going to cry like a baby. Am I weak there, no, just so filled with lose that I have to let it out somehow.
    If I cry my eyes out because I chipped my nailpolish, I'd see that as weakness. Its an unnecessary response to something that isn't emotional

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It all depends on the reason behind it. Crying cause an ant bit you or cause you failed a test you didn't study for clearly shows that you're a weak ass bitch. But shedding a few tears in the face of a calamity or because you feel sympathy for others is something commendable and shows that you're human.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think it depends... most of the time I think its seen as weak because people cry over "feelings" or break up. Its not the end of the world.

But I also see it as not being weak but not really a strength like when your so angry your eyes start to water and cry or when your in so much physical\mental pain.

But it could be a strength in getting what you want if your good at crying on command or black mail...

0|1
    0|1
  • Strength! Strength absolutely. That's one of my struggles; I cry (empathy, or personally overwhelmed) but I /refuse/ to cry in front of people. A part of me considers expressing emotions weak despite the fact that I know that's stupid. I admire men that cry, and I hope my SO is comfortable enough with me to cry.

0|2
    0|0
  • Crying or you can tears are not a sign of weakness or strength broadly. It's a emotional thing. But those who have a control on it are definitely very strong you can say, as they are not getting affected by any type of life situations whether happiness or sorrow.

Be strong!

0|2
    0|0
  • Crying is not the part that makes you weak or strong, its what you do after, when the tears stop, that defines if you are weak or not.

0|2
    0|0
  • Crying is a moment of weakness after one's strength collapses.

We all have our weak moments in life, and no man is made of iron. We are all made human, and we all feel emotion.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's an overwhelming emotional response to some kind of feeling from some kind of impetus.

Women cry. If you're smart you don't break down into tears every time they do. They look to their men to be their emotional rock. A lighthouse in the stormy seas of their feelings and emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend said me that if I don't trust her to cry in front of her, our relationship has issues.

1|2
    0|0
  • Crying is a great way to relieve pent up emotions, once you had your good cry and relived those emotions. You genuinely feel better after it the crying has past. I know this from personal experience

1|1
    0|0
  • Strength. But better yet it’s more of an acknowledgment of what’s bellow the surface.

1|2
    0|0
    • I don't think acknowledgement is quite the right word. You can acknowledge your feelings of sorrow and sadness in your heart and mind without displaying it on the surface. I think the better word is "a manifestation of what's below the surface".

• Well said. I agree.

• I'd say strength because of not trying to hide who we really are, and that's sometimes rather difficult

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say a sign of strength, but also a sign of being quite overwhelmed emotionally.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, it's a sign of emotional experiences and successfully expressing them...

1|2
    0|0
  • Strength because a man is "not supposed to cry" so its really kinda brave and the whole reason most serial killers are men is because we're raised to show no emotion causing then to have none

0|2
    0|0
  • It means your human and or your under a tremendous amount of stress.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's wether Strengtherapie nor weakness.
    It's how we cope with Feelings.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be both and either way it's a part of the human experience. The Bible says that Jesus was crying at the death of his friend Lazarus.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, you can be manly and still cry.
    Just remain strong when you or other people need you or you're in the middle of something.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not weakness it's simply another way of expressing the way u feel, and am pretty sure that the expression of feeling is not a form of weakness

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends what for. Spilt milk is not a sign of strength it's a sign of immaturity.

0|1
    0|0
  • I say strength. Trust me though it's better to let out your emotions rather than bottle them up

0|1
    0|0
  • I have trouble crying especially if it’s in front of my girlfriend. I hate crying I feel weak

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what a person is crying about.

0|2
    0|0
  • It is a sign of being human and having emotion

1|3
    0|0
  • You are overwhelmed by emotion.

1|1
    0|0
  • Can be both, depends on the circumstances.

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Weakness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Weakness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends how you use it

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a sign of emotion

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a sign of being a damn pussy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Weakness

0|1
    0|0
  • neither emotion is normal for us human beings.

1|1
    0|0
    • Most guys will say weakness because of stereotypes. But as guy who does get emotional and doesn't care for crying because people think it means a guy is weak, I think being sad is fine. Feel free to show you emotions. Ask a male psychologist, he will tell you it ok to feel sad.

• or female but I only said male cause of the male stereotype of "guys don't cry"

• To me it’s a weakness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is a sign of being human

0|1
    0|0
  • Crying shows you can't control your emotions, therefore men should supress it unless it's necessary.
    Being emotional is good for women because they need to be empathetic and caring for the children, it's a positive trait in women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Crying is what we need when we need it... it can be a tool or an outlet. There is no weakness or strength to crying. Only uneducated opinions fuelled by a cruel society.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's just a sign of emotion

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it’s both. You’re strong for showing your emotions. To let it all out instead of keeping it inside. It’s weak to keep your emotions inside and let them build up. You’re strong for letting the weakness out

0|1
    0|0
  • for a man it takes strength to cry
    women fake cry all the time
    I do not believe their tears

0|1
    0|0
  • From a man? Weakness.

0|1
    3|4

Recommended myTakes