Is crying a sign of strength or weakness?

2027

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't judge other people who cry - but I sometimes feel embarrassed to cry in public unless I am crying over a death in the family or over my own problems. Today I was at church and the pastor talked about the tragic murder of an 11 year old girl who lived in a city close to where we were located and I was trying not to cry cause I did not want people to think I was stupid for crying over somebody I didn't know.

• Depends on the situation. If my mother dies, I'm going to cry like a baby. Am I weak there, no, just so filled with lose that I have to let it out somehow.
    If I cry my eyes out because I chipped my nailpolish, I'd see that as weakness. Its an unnecessary response to something that isn't emotional

Most Helpful Guys

• It all depends on the reason behind it. Crying cause an ant bit you or cause you failed a test you didn't study for clearly shows that you're a weak ass bitch. But shedding a few tears in the face of a calamity or because you feel sympathy for others is something commendable and shows that you're human.