Have you ever felt survivor’s guilt?

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah I still do. My bestfriend and I enlisted in the Marine Corps in high school. I convinced him for the longest time when he opposed, and I finally sold him on it despite his parents hating the idea. We both went to bootcamp together and everything. He was killed in combat. It definitely still bothers me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to.
    I was raped as a kid, so I felt as though I was a blemish on the normal lives of my friends, but that train of thought has since disappeared.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Maybe not survivor's guilt but I couldn't eat for weeks after 9/11 because I was sick with worry about people who had suffered or who hadn't been found yet.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been to survival training camp up in pinedale Wyoming. I'm proud to be a survivor I have pretty good skills they taught me. I also learned on my own by just doing it using my natural athleticism. I passed with
    flying colors when many have failed

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I ever have because if I struggle and survive - then I believe that I deserve to survive but I try to force myself to help those less happy than me - even if I don't want to - just cause I don't want God to punish me on judgment day.

1|0
    0|0
  • no, but i've been told a story about it from a guy with it. there were two cuban guys trying to escape to a better life. they came up with a plan to float to the u. s. on an innertube/raft. it was night time and one of the guys was tugged by the feet and dragged through the hole of the tube. the friend had to listen to his friend get eaten alive by sharks. there was nothing he could do to help him. but he made it to land to tell the story.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sort of. That issue I told you about with my family made me feel that to an extent

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm sorry
    Send me the first 3 digit number that you think of. ( Make you smile)

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes. I could have stopped my fiance’ from going out the day she was killed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if it's exactly survivor's guilt, but when one of my friends committed suicide in September 2016 I spent days wondering what I could have done to prevent it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, thankfully. Haven't experienced anything like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have PTSD. No survivor’s guilt. Sometimes I wish I could have a do over for certain situations, but whatever.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes when I dug myself out with a spoon oh wait I'm talking about Shawshank redemption

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven’t. Thankfully I’ve never had an occurrence that would cause me to feel it.

1|0
    0|0
  • No thank goodness. I probably wouldn’t be able to handle it

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Thankfully I've never experienced a serious tragedy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It prevents me from saying yes or no to this question.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never... Blessed by God. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have. And yourself?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what that is