What is the most important lesson you have learned in the past two or three years?

What is the most important lesson you have learned in the past two or three years?
You have experiences, you make mistakes, you learn lessons, and then you get to be wiser than you were previously. As long as you can use your brain and think about what happens in your life, you can continue to learn.

What is the most important thing that you have learned in the past 2 or 3 years? Whatever it is, could you have learned that lesson without having the experience that resulted in the learning; could you have learned the same lesson by listening to someone else talk about that subject?

2|3

Most Helpful Girls

• . sometimes it best to swallow your pride
    Men and women are different
    There’s a difference between doing what makes others happy and doing what’s right
    You can’t always be the good guy.
    Sometimes the truth hurts but it’s what you need to hear.
    Not even your parents are perfect , all adults and kids have a dark side

1|2
    0|0
  • The importance of putting yourself first. If you don't fill up your own cup, you'll have nothing to give others. It's okay to say no, and it's okay to take time to work on yourself. Listen to your mind, body, and heart. That's not really something that can be taught. It's just something you learn on your own, over time.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• There are actually ways to work on myself and I'll never get anywhere as long as I don't feel comfortable with myself, not only when alone, but also with people around me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I realized that in terms of politics my beloved left wing is actually batshit crazy. That’s caused a lot of changes!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That you can have it all, just not at the same time. We built a house last year but when going over money for my maternity leave worked out that renting out the new house would be far more cost effective and pay down the mortgage x3 quicker than us living in it. So we stayed in our smaller, older house with a new baby which is totally fine but was disappointing to go through the whole building process and not have anything to enjoy after it.

6|3
    0|0
  • Lets get to my answer then reason after: What I learned was all from a combination of pursuing an understanding of everlasting ideas. Philosophy , ethics, morals, law, semantics. Mixed in with experiences. Then hit the phase of seeing what are personal values to me.

That we are all connected, that Everything that I once said and never really understood well:
    main one: we are all the same.
    1. Self love first doesn't mean being selfish.
    2. You can give and love openly without fear. If you trust in yourself, the rest is just minor hiccups that one will overcome.
    3. Compassion has less to do with your understanding of consequence and everything to do with a change you want to create.
    4. When I was younger I hated that everything was my fault. Now i see its not my fault or that person's fault. We are all here, the same position, with energies that vibrate and we affect each other, knowningly or not, intentionally or not. Choices make us. Every second its a bunch of frequencies, wave lengths, energies that we put out affecting one another. I have every chance to turn things around. Someone started the fire, but I can stop it or let it continue.
    5. Our lives mean nothing, our own existence is nothing. We should be grateful that we are here to experience this craziness.
    6. Till you accept all, nothing can have a solution. Everything can coexist peacefully together.
    7. I can literally do what I want. There is no right or wrong way of getting somewhere which alleviates the extra mental chatter that stops a lot of us of fulfilling a meaningful life. That use to scare me, i'll be exposed, but who the **** cares~
    8. Finding meaning is our only goal. To be alive to do so is a blessing. This in itself is profound because I no longer hold the same perspective of my pain. It just generates an acceptance. In turn more resilience and flow like water
    9. Everything is connected to each other, cause and effects. I will not go into all the mental processes to get to that statement. I literally see everything as one. Its weird. I care but don't care all at the same time.

I recognized that and then applied myself in challenges to set the above into the "know" area. Once you know something, you dont really think about it.

Next lesson: how to let your heart sing.

0|2
    0|0
  • The value of money. I grew up with well off parents. We had everything handed to us growing up from cars to clothes to anything we desired. Money / materialistic items don’t fill a hole in your heart , you can buy people off but it doesent give you a true friendship or any real values in life. My parents divorced when I was about 18 so I was old enough to know that they weren’t in love & long story short my mom took everything from my dad. The house , the business , my other two siblings , all the cars , everything. She burned everything that my dad owned & my dad literally only had what was on his back. He got back up on his feet like always ( he’s very good at entrepreneurship) . So I moved out& finally got a job after begging since I was old enough to work to get one. Adulting is rough , but I thank the stars everyday & I know this sounds super terrible but thank god my parents divorced. This event changed me as a person. Was I spoiled? Hell yes , but was I a brat about it? Not in the slightest. My dad told me “ money isn’t the most important thing in the world 🌎 but it is pretty important “ I’ve learned a lot of lessons but the one that keeps me evolving as an individual is that money can either help you or break you. It’s up to you to decide which path you want to take.

0|1
    0|0
  • That however old you are the lessons you learn can not be taught to the younger generation... every lesson learnt is correct for you at that moment in time and won’t be the answer for anyone else!

0|1
    0|0
  • 1) If you have feelings for someone, let them know. If you have no idea what to say, just say what you think. It's okay. This guy really liked me you see, I fell for him as well but kept it hidden because I was depressed and thought I'm not fit for a relationship at the moment. I should have told him everything, including why I still like we shouldn't be together. No matter his reaction, at least I've done what I should have done on my part. Bottling up my feelings just made me act more rude with him overtime. Not cute.
    2) This one is about makeup but SERIOUSLY. Stop copying other people's makeup technique on your face, that's literally why it turns out bad, it doesn't suit your facial features. Wear makeup that suits your own face, it's always gonna look good and work on you.
    3) Things that people make fun of you for, turn out to be your greatest strength/achievement. I was made fun of in school... For being a boring nerdy old classic novel reader. My vocabulary was better than my peers and they commented on that, sometimes in a way that I didn't like it. I felt insecure for the longest time thinking that I don't fit in. But ya girl got world highest score in Bengali exam 😂, BAHAHA ✌️
    4) Talk to people. You never know who turns out to be a helpful trustworthy friend. I always complained how no one talks to me, but really, I was the one who bottled up my feelings and hid them from everyone.
    5) This is a big one, I used to hate politics and never even wanted to be with a guy into politics. Now I feel like it is very important to have good know about politics as it literally affects me and my loved ones, and the whole world. We need young ambitious people becoming politicians and get rid of the old sick ones who have no clue about the world.

0|2
    0|0
  • Two lessons, actually.
    - People aren't what they seem, never. I used to make assumptions about people all the time, and sometimes I was so wrong.
    - You can never know what will flip your perspective on certain things if you never tried them, I found out that today.

1|1
    0|0
  • When I stopped caring about what others thought I truly was able to give out my best advice. You can't please everyone you can only be congruent with who you are and where you are going in this remarkably awesome but short life.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don’t even know anymore. That things can become hopeless. That families can stop being families. Love isn’t always a pleasant thing. Life is an exhausting Dharma wheel, of lifetimes within a lifetime, of daily sufferings.
    Or maybe I’ve just become a cynic

1|1
    0|0
  • I think people are put in your life for a reason. mine the value out of those relationships for your personal growth towards a more purse state of emotion and love.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have had some experiences, and yes i have made mistakes and have learnt lessons from them all. yes to be honest i did end up becoming wiser. the lessons i learnt was to come from the inside and not listening to someone else, that is what got me into the shit the first time was why listening to someone else, that Subject I can't talk about sorry.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. A psychotherapy won't change you. It can help you understand why you act in a certain way, but, in the end, you remain the same no matter what
    2. You'd better love yourself cause no one would ever love you as much
    3. Some persons are just better single

0|1
    0|0
  • In the past 2-3 years I realised who I really am. So the most important lesson was not to be ashamed of who I am and keep being myself no matter what...
    Than the second one would be not to give up on other people (not to lose trust in them even after bad things that happened)

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't trust backstabbers.😥
    Haters will hate.😔
    Don't loose hope on yourself.🙃
    Work hard.😮
    Stay fit.😏
    It's too hard to make good friends.😥
    Money in life plays an important role.🤑
    Gaming n gagging will overcome my stress n hard times.🐒
    Travelling is mood freshener.🏙️🏟️🏞️
    Scoring in academics should be only motive in your life...☝️
    Enjoy life as much as u can🤘

0|1
    0|0
  • A wise man once told me to take things slow :P take time to get to know your partner.
    Sometimes you can't fight destiny.
    Learn that people are different.

2|0
    0|0
  • Just because you want change and you put forth the effort doesn't mean that change will happen.
    Yes, i probably could have learned that from someone before embarking on this journey

1|1
    0|0
  • Not to judge people. You don’t no what’s going on for them in their minds and life.
    To be kind to everyone no matter what.
    It only takes one person to care to make a difference in anyone’s life.

0|2
    0|0
  • For college: Take time to Learn what you're going to study / major before paying for it, that way you're ahead and just completing work instead of doing both at the same time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never trust another person no matter how lovely they may seem.

0|1
    0|0
  • Trust no one and make yourself your number one priority in life.

0|1
    0|0
  • That a hater will see you walk in water and say it’s because you can’t swim. I learned that no matter what I think I will always be hated by someone, so I learned to be my self and I’ve never been so happy

0|1
    0|0
  • #1 There really are just a few people out there that are genuine
    #2 Patience is truly a virtue
    #3 I am in the 1%

1|2
    0|0
  • 1. Don't care about what others think of me and be myself. There's more nice people out there than nasty people. If someone doesn't like me that's their issue not mine.

2. Don't care for boys who don't care for you and hurt your feelings and make you feel worthless. Love with your eyes and ears not heart.

3. The only one who's stopping you from having the life you want is yourself. Don't sit around feeling sorry for yourself, thinking what you could have and pick yourself up Instead by working your arse off and keeping focused and you will exceed

1|1
    0|0
  • Oh boy. I made so many mistakes.

1. IQ is not that important. EQ means everything.
    2. Creative people are usually depressed.
    3. NEVER EVER spend your time and effort on someone unworthy. It is not because you are heartless but because you are forcing a person to change. Letting go is a form of love.
    4. Playing hard to get works.
    5. Human kindness is beautiful
    6. Music vibrates into your soul to bring our human empathy.
    7. It takes 1 year 6 months to get over a serious relationship.
    8. Meditation is underrated and can cure depression
    9. Only during the past 60 years was the image of beauty changed. Throughout history, the most beautiful women have been fat.
    10. When things get rough, get a shovel and dig deeper until you can go no more. when you're finished ask me for a ladder and I'll help you up

0|2
    0|0
  • It's best to not plan your life out. I know I am never going to have a family of my own and that is okay.

1|1
    0|0
  • That communication is not just important in intimate relationships, but all relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just like in the Bible days people will betray you even your own family but I learned that way before 3 years ago

0|1
    0|0
  • Transitioning doesn't help me make friends, but I didn't make new enemies either.

1|1
    0|0
  • Never trust the people at the higher levels of our Federal Service.

0|1
    0|0
  • I learned about the importance using logic and reason in a debate vs emotion. I learned about it by talking with people.

0|1
    0|0
  • That I have grown up believing in lies about my people...

0|1
    0|0
  • To Keep Being Wiser as I grow Older. xx

0|2
    0|0
    • Eventually, you can be OlderAndWiser and I will be Cowford13! (Cowford was the original name of my hometown Jacksonville.) You are from Paris, right? :) :) :)

• Fake it until you make it, if you look like you know what you're doing people will leave you alone

1|1
    0|0
  • I've discovered that being happy and content is more important than being wealthy.

0|1
    0|0
  • GOD is right you are all wrong
    unless you agree with him

0|1
    0|0
  • Teenage girls are bloody mental at least the ones I’ve seen there are a few but bloody hell there are so many bad eggs out there

0|0
    0|0
  • Although it is true that everything we wish for won't come true, the things that we have to do must always start with a wish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two things: one big one, and one small recent one.

The big one: Life is tough. I have had a rougher life than most, involving the loss of my brother to suicide and the loss of my previous self to depression, many times. Death, anxiety, being bullied, and depression are part and parcel of being DeviloftheValleys. But that's FINE, because humans are remarkable creatures, and have an amazing ability to get through shit like that. So you can make it better, and you don't need to suffer as much as you do. You need only shout for help, and a stranger will help you if nobody else does.

The little one: I don't NEED a relationship. I need love and intimacy. And I can get love from my friends and intimacy from a fuckbuddy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never underestimate what wealth can buy you. Thanks Donald for that lesson.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trusting people is the biggest mistake i can make.

0|1
    0|0
    • You can try to make yourself an island but "If I alone am for myself, what am I?" -- Rabbi Hillel

• I’ve learned nothing

0|1
    0|0
  • Not to be scared to make a big change in life.

1|2
    0|0
  • Never lose yourself for someone else...

0|2
    0|0
  • Don’t eat grocery store sushi

0|1
    0|0
  • That fitting in doesn't matter.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|2
    0|0
  • To better take care about my mental health

0|1
    0|0
  • That I shouldn't be studying a science major.😑

0|1
    0|0
  • If you want something get it yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • People can't be trusted

0|0
    0|0
  • there's no real friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Finish something you started, even if you don't want to do it anymore.

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes