Why is it wrong for someone who’s not black say the word “nigga”?

Why is it wrong for someone who’s not black say the word “nigga”?
Updates:
Ps, i have nothing against anything, just curious people.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because that word has so much meaning. It represents a time of slavery, ruined families etc.
    black people took the word n***er and reclaimed it as n****a. Kind of reclaiming themselves so that the word wouldn’t hold the same meaning and in a way, taking back their identity as humans as apposed to slaves.
    For a while person to say it is to disregard the horror their people went through

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It seems to me, that if black people want white people to stop using the n word, then they should stop using it as well. Not because when they use it, it is so bad, But to signify how awful it is when white people use it. Also, to just get rid of the world in our language, eventually.

1|0
    1|0
  • I use if I want. I will use all forms of the word. It is just a stupid word. Oh by the way I am white. And you can call me a Cracker, Peckerwood, Walking Jar Of Mayonnaise or what you want. I don't give a dam. These are nothing more then words.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't know I think it's a bunch of hypocritical bull shit but I hate when I the pale white dude gets called nigga by some black moron who will get offended if I so much as say nigga or n** which to me they're the same word different dialect

0|0
    1|0
  • From what I have been told by personal African American friends, is it's only acceptable to it if say it's a proper situation and ok with them if you say it, as it's more of a cultural term.

0|0
    1|0
  • I hear people saying that all the time people in large groups getting together horse playing and they're not racist at all a group of Latin guys

0|0
    0|0
    • Calling each other that for example like at the gym or basketball court or they meet and they say the word and shake each other's hand

• It doesn't make any sense honestly. The only thing I can think of is hypocrisy

0|0
    1|0
  • open a history book, chapter on the Slave trade of the 18th century ;) you're welcome

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not socially accepted because people see it as an attack against blacks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It has a racial background.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|0
  • Racism. Pretty obvious actually

0|0
    0|1
  • It just isn't done, old boy.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not. Freedom of speech is a thing.

0|1
    1|0
  • It's not. Having special rules and privileges for certain races is the literal dictionary definition of racist.

Anyone can say nigga.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because the N word is a word that holds a lot of meaning

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s slang for black people , that’s why.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't.

0|0
    1|0
  • The word is very nasty and hateful and personally I don't like anyone using it, but for some black people using it themselves makes them feel empowered against the word that has oppressed them. Personally, I just don't understand why someone who wasn't black would want to say something so awful

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not awful. It means "friend, bro, dude." It's like how some female friends call each other, "b*tches." Like, "yeah, that's my main b*tch. If you mess with her, you mess with me." I know a white guy, who's friends with a bunch of black guys. He says this word all the time around them, and they have no probably. It means friend; anybody can say it.

• Show All
    • The racist people back then, used "n*gger." With the "ger." No black person calls each other that. It's just "n*gga" with the "gga" now. Words change over time. And different words evoke different emotions. N*gger and n*gga DON'T mean the same thing.

• @abc_dc Its the same damn word. People still use it with the -ga at the end to demean black people. White people have never had to experience being called that word and dehumanized for their skin color. I really don't know how to explain to you that it's not a word a white person should want to say. People can say whatever they want but I have no idea why they'd want to say a word that their ancestors have used while enslaving other people

Recommended myTakes