Have you ever heard a name that upset/triggered you?

If you're comfortable, leave the name that came to mind and some backstory.
  • No
    Vote A
  • Yes
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
This refers to names that make you feel emotion. Like if a strong memory resurfaces with the name. For example, when i hear the name "Chris" i feel fear and anger and sadness.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah Mathew, he was my physical, mental, and sexual abuser.

Also Lee is my fathers middle name he went by, he and my mom split cause he did lots of drugs and beat her, she would have killed herself if it wasn’t for me and my sister.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. Adrian. I have a friend now named Adrian though, so my dislike for the name is slowly waning. :P

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Evan. A little sad, a little happy. Kind of like when you think of someone you love but they're gone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Adam. It’s the name of a rapist that got away with everything he did and it makes me feel physically sick.

1|0
    0|0
    • I voted no, but then that name triggered me. That was the name of my sister's ex. He told my grandmother he was obsessed with me (I was 16 and he was in his 20s when they met). Yeah... that name still makes me cringe

• Show All
    • Lol no big deal. I'm over it, but I guess hearing or seeing a name can make you think of an unpleasant experience

• Names are more powerful than we give them credit for

• Have you ever heard a name that upset/triggered you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes Anabelle...
    I dont like people with that name. Reasons.. high school bullies, and creepy doll.

1|1
    0|0
  • Lori, the name of my mother in law that just died from drinking herself to death.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I met people with unique names and some people aren’t in my life anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Tessa. It's a love-hate trigger, I guess..

1|0
    0|0
  • Muhammad
    the world needs less Muhammads

2|1
    0|0
  • As in a nickname?

0|0
    0|0
    • As in names that make you feel emotion. Like if a strong memory resurfaces with the name. For example, when i hear the name "Chris" i feel fear and anger and sadness.

• Johnny was a rapist.

0|1
    0|0
  • I could name few people but my belief in karma will get my ex that hurt me saying I was there for company and not an actual relationship hurt, my old bullies I hope karma hits them where they deserve it making fun of my heritage, and family

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes