How many of you have experienced bullying, and if you have, why do you think you were treated this way?

Do you all think you were the reason behind how you were mistreated by others? Or do you genuinely think those people were the ones with a problem?
How many of you have experienced bullying? And if you have, why do you think you were treated this way?
How many of you have experienced bullying? And if you have, why do you think you were treated this way?
  • Yes, I was bullied
    Vote A
  • No, I wasn’t
    Vote B
  • Other explanation
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I was mistreated because I am different and people didn't like the way I am. If the other people were the ones with the problem, the bullying wouldn't have continued all through school, with different schools and different people.

1|1
    0|0
  • I had plenty of people try to bully me. When I was a kid we moved a lot so I changed school a lot. I was (still am) very short, and I was very quiet. So I was always seen as an easy target I guess.

I say "try" because my Dad had always drilled it into me to fight back and defend myself, never to be intimidated by anybody, and I got into boxing and muay thai young, later I got into BJJ also to learn how to grapple. If they tried to bully me verbally I'd simply ignore it, if it was physical I'd fight back and usually win because I knew how to. When that would happen they wouldn't try again usually, although some tried to jump me with their friends in high school which again I just fought back and ran off when I had the chance.

I think that looking at it in terms of "it's the bully's fault" or "it's the victim's fault" is the wrong way to look at it. Both have problems usually.

The bully might have insecurity problems, they might be going through some shit at home so they take it out on other kids, they might just be psychopaths who enjoy making other people's lives miserable. The victim might also be shy, small, un-assertive.

Either way bullying is never gonna go away. Assholes will always exist. I think that too many people today focus entirely on trying to convince bullies not to bully rather than teaching children to be assertive. In fact often they discourage assertiveness when they insist that people should always tell a teacher/someone who has authority, rather than deal with it themselves. Sometimes it's even punished if they do deal with it themselves. All this does is create a society of passive victims.

Clearly, when a bully choose to victimise someone they assume is a weaker person, they're at fault for bullying. But if that victim would just stand up for themselves - if only someone taught them how to - then bullies would have a harder time bullying them. In a way both are cowards.

2|1
    0|0
  • The fact that 80% of people say they've been bullied makes it pretty apparent that people are using that word too loosely. Just because Becky threw a paper airplane at you because she didn't like your ponytail in 4th grade it doesn't mean you were the victim of bullying

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Depends on consistency and severity

• Yes, I have and I was bullied for many things just like today I still do. The answers are very simple to breakdown:

1. I got bullied because I wasn't a trouble maker. I was friendly, open and innocent with everyone. I never had bad intentions no matter how messed up my home life was. Because of that, I got targeted.

2. I was bullied because of my looks. And I always appeared innocent and received attention from boys my bullies liked. I was always at fault for something I didn't do or asked for unwanted attention.

3. Speaking of attention, I got bullied because such people was jealous and envious of my natural talents even without training or being taught, that I received attention from very important people.

4. Got bullied for being a Christian and because I didn't relate to them in other things. And even when I did, they ostracized me from them. Teachers would try to force somebody to be my friend when I sensed it was very clear they didn't want anything to do with me. So even with good friends, I grew up with, others still bothered me. And yes, even when I DID stand up for myself, it leads to physical fights I never started. Still, get suspended, and still, got punished and beaten with a belt at home for not fighting back.

5. I got bullied because of my personality. I felt like an adult in a child's body. So because of that, it made other kids weirded out by me and the adults in my life mocked me or were creeped out. As I got older and my predictions of things were proven true, other adults grew jealous of me, while other kids attempted to ignore me.

Q: Was it my fault? Do I think it's my fault for my mistreatment?
    A: No. It's not my problem their parents probably never taught them better. It's not my fault they want to cheat, lie and steal your joy just because you enter the room. Many of my bullies were both male and female. The males saw me as easy, while the females saw me as a threat. I also got bullied by adults and some of those adults were my teachers, principals, etc. I even got bullied in church growing up when I was still in the church because of my strong opinions and having an adult mindset. The reality is, you got evil people everywhere. Like the Bible says: 'Only with thine eyes shall you see the rewards of the wicked.'

They got rewards for doing evil, I hardly got anything just for being good. I was not going to do evil and then live with those choices. And even when I naively did do something wrong, they all betrayed and pointed the finger at me. So the lesson about life? You'll be judged and bullied for any and everything no matter WHAT you do once they feel your existence is a threat to their livelihood. You're bullied for being kind, for being nice, for being single, for being aloof, for being a whore, for being a criminal, outcast, etc. No matter who you are, this is the reality. All you can do is just ignore such people, get on with your life, be mindful who you invite in your life, watch your front and BACK for those who may attempt to take your life. And just live life to the fullest. Some grow up and changed as some of my bullies did, others are suffering from their choices, while the rest don't change.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know two sides.
    I have been bullied a few times because i've always been fat.
    Sadly for them i didn't care and always had friends around me who had my back.
    I was shy though, so they couldn't even see that it didn't bother me.
    My friends defending me made it look like i did care.
    That was until i went to middle school. Over the holidays my confidence grew through the roof and i became the protector of the weak. Bullying was a no go in my school, because i would stand between the bully and the victim. Nobody had the nerve to try and fight me (i was very strong, but because of that always afraid to accidentally hurt someone, that's why i was shy and drawn back).
    I have always since the start of middle school been friends with almost everybody, because i didn't discriminate or judge by appearance only by actions.
    You could say i bullied bullies, but not continuously.
    I would lock them in place or yell/threaten them to make them apologize and then sent someone to get a teacher or the principle.
    The teachers and the principle all liked me too

0|0
    0|0
  • I was bullied, because I was different from my peers in many ways. My siblings are all a lot older than me, and when I slept with my sister, she would tell me about certain things that young kids do that I shouldn't do because it's wrong. When I had peers throwing around vulgar language and being noisy I didn't do any of that. I read thick old classic books, and I was made fun of for doing stuff that old people do. I was also one of the very few kids with no social media and no connection to the internet. Despite being a rich kid and going to a school of rich kids, my parents never let me touch expensive gadgets like almost everyone else in my class did, they never spoiled me with materialistic stuff. To others, I was a boring child. An outcast. And I was best friends with another outcast (we still are best friends today).

But I admit part of it was also my fault. I had no idea how to deal with bullying. I was one of the first girls in my class to get my period. Everyone could clearly notice how my body was changing and I was getting taller so fast. All girls made fun of me for that, making remarks like 'OMG SHE GOT HER PERIOD, EHEHEHE' like it's something to be ashamed of. I even got beaten by them, and boys joined in with the bullying. The whole class teased me before the teacher and even he could do nothing about it.

I talked to my parents about it, I told them how I felt. But either my parents themselves are clueless about how to help their child deal with bullying, or they did not understand my situation well which is why they always gave me the wrong kind of advice. Even worse, my sister got married around the same time and started living with her husband so I felt even more lonely and isolated, because I had no one to talk to at night.

Funny thing is, I got back in touch with those people on social media, and the first comment they made was how beautiful I am now 😂 I got world's highest score in Bengali exam thanks to all the classic novels I read, I learned Chinese martial art to learn self-defense and even performed abroad. And I'm dating the best man on Earth. 😂 Notbadnotbad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i have been bullied before my first time I can remember being bullied was when I was little and it was by other girl's I think they where jealous of me because I looked the way they wanted to look like but could never look like even with plastic surgery after that I was bullied by this boy I don't know why Maybe he secretly liked me but he used to pinch me very hard and I keep telling the teacher but she never did anything she even punished me for telling she was a complete douchebag after that a years later when I was in middle school sometimes some other kids in the hall way when were walking back to class would talk about me behind my back and make fun of me I think they did that to me because I was an easy target I was tall for a girl my age and was Chubby after that there was a boy in my class to call me names but one day another boy was making fun of the fact that one of his family members was a crack head and she was missing and I stood up for him because even after all the dumb making fun he did twords me I knew the was pretty messed up so after that he didn't make fun of me and we ended up in good terms after middle school I haven't been made fun of since then unless you count the internet then I've have had a lot of people to do so😂.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I have been bullied by several people at school in the past, and am still bullied by several people at school now. I have been told it's because I'm retarded and either don't understand I'm being bullied or don't understand people, and am purposefully doing things that apparently are obviously going to cause bullying, but those things are either things I need to do because of school or life, or they change somehow. I think maybe it's just them because other people don't actively do anything they just look at me funny or laugh sometimes or talk behind my back. I have tried to adjust my behavior as I can, but it doesn't seem to help.

Mainly it is insults and shoving me or knocking stuff out of my hands. I have tried to settle this with them, and one of them stopped. The others just insulted me again, or pretended to compliment me but then actually didn't. One time I got punched in the face for talking back but that was just one time. I haven't told my mother anymore though because it upsets her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a mole on my left cheek, it's pretty prominent. Kids would call me "moley moley moley moley moley" or "guacamole" all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to be chubby, not have a very good fashion style, have pimples and croocked teeth in my teens. I also was the top of the class. I was bullied for 8 years until I finished highschool. The thing is I began to fix those "issues" during highschool, but those people would still think I am not good looking even though people outside of school thought the opposite. It seems to me they just wanted someoneto pick on, and they picked me. Those "issues" I had wiht my looks were just a pretex

1|0
    0|0
  • I have. I am an outcast at my school, typical loner. My bully is among the partying, popular kids. It obviously led him to pick on the weaker one, aka me. I have no friends at school, so no one to protect me if he gets physical (he didn't, I once dared him to and he backed off).

0|0
    0|0
  • He was just jealous of me, I was smarter than him at every subject. So first he tried to make me jealous by dating my crush. Little did he know she was my best friend, not crush. When that didn't work out he tried to physically attack me, unfortunately for him. I was a karate brown belt. Two hits, my foot hitting his face, him hitting the ground.
    He even broke up with my friend later. Now I don't know where he is.

0|2
    0|0
  • bullied cause of my cheek bones. i’m fucking beautiful. mfks are spending Gs on wanting to get beautiful cheekbones and bitches feel the need to belittle others.

1|2
    0|0
  • There were people who TRIED to bully me, but I never put up with it. I never let them bully me. But I get that some people don’t have as much courage to stand up for themselves like I did, which is sad. I always stood up for them instead though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know it it can be considered as bullying but guys would aways make fun of me because I'm japanese. Yeah it's racist, but I was 7 to 10 years. I'd kick every single ass of them for that so I didn't really care.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did... guess I was very different and so bullying was the only way kids could remind me of it... for years they led me to believe that me being different was a fault... as an adult I learnt that the real reason for the bullying was envy/girls, secret admiration/boys...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes all the time. I went to a school and it was horrible. People would always call me ugly and the guys would bother me nonstop. And i had no idea why bc if everyone considered me ugly so much like why even bother me🤷🏾 And a lot of girls would hate me bc of my hair.
    But that was then. I use to be rlly depressed but I overcame that. Im a lot more confident now so I'm happy about tht.

0|0
    0|0
  • In middle school, I was bullied and he did it because he had a crush on me and thought that that was the only way to get my attention. In elementary school I got bullied for being taller than most of the kids. Back then I was a pussy so I never stood up for myself. I still get bullied because some of the freshmen boys are immature and I assume they have mommy issues and take it out on the girls. I just ignore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was bullied and I think the main reason why was because of my height being small up until high school and being the quiet guy. It must have made me an easy target

0|0
    0|0
  • I was never bullied I was always big and athletic I played a lot of sports still do and its definitely something wrong with a person that live to make other people miserable i was always the biggest in my class and i never bullied anyone

0|1
    0|0
  • They just needed someone weaker than them to make them feel better about themselves. I was the perfect catch, unfortunately. Fortunately, that’s made me a much stronger woman. It helped me see life through a clearer glass. I grew up very sheltered and thought the world was the safest place to be. Trusted and loved everyone. They taught me to see the world more clearly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was, and it wasn't what people call bullying now, it was stereotypical movie shit. I think it was because people saw some form of vulnerability, since I had a rough home life. I think they just wanted to get under my skin. I was feisty lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t say bullied, but I’ve been in situations where this girl constantly made fun of me and spread rumors about me yet she acted like a friend and shared the same interests with me at times. She was an entitled bitch basically, but she made me feel bad about myself at times

1|0
    0|0
  • Let's put it like this "they tried to bully me"

And why do i think that they tried well cause there idiots who didn't know what they were messing with. And probably cause i am a bit weird and crazy and dark.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was bullied by family why cause they think by cutting some 1 down they can get you to be their emotional abuse person they mainly do it to bring you down an nake them feel great they can belittle some 1 but if you learn this an not let them hurt your feelings then they get mad they couldn't be little you

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I am sorry you have experienced this by your own family. Unfortunately, I have experienced this too. Sometimes, in order to have a happy life, you need to put some distance between yourself and the bully/ bullies.

• I was bullied cause I wasn't quite into dating, its a bit weird, but girls used to come at me when Im with my friends and start cuddling me, haha just to make me uncomfy.
    Can I even call this bullying?

1|0
    1|0
  • Yeah for being a redhead, for being super tall super early, and in middle school I told a lie to make myself seem more popular and was bullied when it came out lol never again

0|0
    0|0
  • Other people tried to bully me, but I never cared what they said so it didn't matter. If you don't care words have no power over you. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I was in school, and at work by my boss. Because I projected weakness and allowed it.
    This is a natural world with some spiritual/Godly goodness in it here and there. It follows a natural order and people are looking for where they fit in the power structure. They will cast their negativity onto you, they will cut you down to feel an dlook better and not care about your feelings. In fact some of them intentionally will cut you or poison dart you to feel good about themselves.
    Better learn there is a battle going on... and how to protect and defend yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I seen bullies and i never got bullied i kinda grew up were you were your own bully or you were the bish and i never got bullied only been tried and i won every fade and never took a L when i was younger but i never went around looking for fights tho

0|0
    0|0
  • A few reasons dating a popular guy being so light people could literally throw me around I am shy lonely and I also have low selfesteem and I am insecure about everything

0|1
    0|0
  • No, never really experienced any consistent bullying. I’ve experienced teasing and jokes aimed at me sometimes during middle school, high school, and within my circle of friends. This is all within normal realms and wasn’t anything like bullying. I do feel like the bullied isn’t to blame but the bully him/herself. A bully probably has some environmental and biological influences as to why they choose to bully someone. Perhaps this bully had a traumatic childhood where he or she was victimized in some manner or perhaps this bully has some part of his/her brain that doesn’t function properly when it comes to what is right, wrong, and moral. This person just doesn’t care about these sorts of things, apathetic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've experienced bullying and I feel like it was definetely because of jealousy. People threatening to cut off my hair or putting shit in my hair, always making fun of my weight or body in general, pushing me to see if I'd break cause of my weight again.. Etc. Still remember that big girl that purposely push me super hard and I lost my balance so I hit my back on a bench. Was very painful.

I feel like a lot of them were very jealous of my long voluminous curly hair and how I was naturally skinny and could eat like a pig without gaining weight.. cause the only people who bullied me were girls. Guys had no issue with my hair or body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I’ll admit that I am (and was) always an easy target. I was always super shy and quiet in school, and never really stood up for myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once in a while I was bullied for being skinny by fat chicks. It's obvious why they were bullying me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the guy had a crush on me. He always looked for me. I wasn’t interested and I was super quite. He than started picking on me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but I did nothing wrong they did. Just because they where assholes and don't know how to handle something that is different don't mean it's on me, it's on them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I talk different. I’m skinny and I “talk white” 🙄 so glad I’m not in school anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was bullied because the people who bullied me were too jealous of me for being too awesome

0|0
    0|0
  • I am being bullied rn by my own cousins but I stood up for myself. I am sick of people putting me down to make themselves look good. At work, I got bullied too by people but I don't put up with that shit. I stand up for myself letting them know to stop bothering me and warned them to leave me alone.. Why was I being bullied? Because I am younger than them and my cousins think everyone will believe all their lies because they're older. At work, because I was just keeping to myself and I stay away from shit talkers. And I get recognition from my boss and top management for my stellar performance and shit talkers didn't like that..

0|0
    0|0
  • Lets see. Always singled out, no friends, a mother who works for the school district that most of them had and hated because get this she did her job and taught them, weak. Everything pretty much

0|0
    0|0
  • i did when i was younger due to not fitting in being the social norm at the time and also due to being less confidant in myself but thats changed over the years in a productive way so im happy

0|0
    0|0
  • I was always the outcast. I was never beaten or physically assaulted it was always verbal and let's call it social bullying. After 9th grade I moved to a different city. So I got enter a new school and a new class. I was not well recieved. For some reason they didn't liked me right away without me doing anything to them. They just casted me aside of everything, they insulted me constantly and I felt really alone the entire time. My situation within the class spread and you know how fast bad reputation sticks to you. I had some friends and a girlfriend I met outside of class thanks to my love for sports, but the majority of the time I was alone during a time everyone else was laughing in groups. Three years this lasted until I got to university where everyone was a first timer just like me. It was wonderful, not being alone all the time anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was severely bullied as a child, partly because I was wrong, and partly because I was right. Just being different was enough to be harassed by the majority of the other children, because, just like their parents, they were cookie cutter fit-ins who never, to this day, had an original thought or became as properly self aware as humans should be.

I don't get bullied in person anymore unless I am doing time, but everyone gets bullied in the corrupt for-profit penal system these days, but I do get a lot of flak on the internet from people who are offended by hearing the reality they have been sheltered from all their lives, but I am quite accustomed to that by now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was a pretty shy kid which made me an easy target I guess ^^'

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Yeah I’m still very quiet to this day. Which gender bothered you more?

• 4d

At first it was guys, then I changed school and been bullied by girls instead xD

• I was the bully, I bullied because of my insecurity about my small penis.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

And has mistreating others made your penis larger?

• 5d

Damn, bro. That's definitely the way. 😂

• 5d

Turns out size doesn't matter, so I got the best of both worlds

• I was badly bulied. I was slim and feminine locking boy. I also wasn’t into fighting and other boy stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I was not bullied because I show strong to people so they don't wanna get in trouble with me but I'm not that strong is only protection

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have my whole fucking life including my family bullied me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because of being different, being quiet, and being skinny.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes