Do you think people find you intimidating?

I've been told by couple of users that they used to find me intimidating that's why they didn't really initiated a conversation with me for a long time. Which really confused me as I've always thought I come across as very approachable. So, do you think people find you intimidating?
Updates:
5d
Initiate*

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• So I've been told yes. I'm working on appearing more friendly and "domestic". But friends and others have commented that I have a very imposing way of conducting myself and an icy stare. Can't do anything about my eye color though. But often it's fun to be intimidating!

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

You're not smiling at all in your picture. If you didn't interact with me on my question threads before, I would have found you very intimidating, lol. But now I know you're very friendly and approachable :)

• Show All
    • 4d

Lol!!! I like how you said it was a bad coincidence ๐Ÿ˜‚ You know what? We have one thing in common. We grin more often than we smile. I smile and grin so much that my cheeks and jaw actually hates me for making them work ovet time, lol!

Oh, yes, that's definitely a perk of being intimidating. People listen to you. Who wouldn't want that! :)

Lmao. True. Like if you find someone really pretty and very interesting, you want to approach her, but she's so intimidated that she leaves the place the moment you're going to approach her because she got nervous/scared and you'll be like, Whaaaaat. What did I do? O. o :p

• 4d

The struggles of intimidating people, so glad I've met a kindred spirit on the matter :P

Exactly. It gets boosted if you don't talk often as well, when you decide to speak up, people almost become afraid XD

Sigh, how many times hasn't that been an issue. I used to think I wasn't as handsome as I thought I was and came off as creepy when girls did this, until I was told on separate occassions that it's due to me being intimidating, and that yes, (at least according to some girls I asked) I am along the lines of an 8 or 9 on the scale. That's always fun to hear. A few photographers I had also suggested modeling. Flattered of course but no way, the modeling business is brutal.

Thing is, I have a very distinctive, aggressive walk as well. It runs in the family, all Brunnrgaard men walk like, and I quote from a description of it: Like we're about to walk up and beat the shit out of someone. XD

• I think sometimes people who don't know me are intimidated by my profession and my intelligence but people who know me consider me to be very approachable.

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

To be honest, I used to find you intimidating. But after interacting with you a bit on threads and after looking at you respond so warmly to other people on here, I don't find you intimidating anymore. You seem really friendly, funny and approachable!

• Show All
    • 5d

It is a male experience!

• 5d

Haha. Glad you shared it with me! :)

• It's weird. Some people do find me intimidating, but it doesn't often seem to make sense who those people are. It's never anyone I have been upset with or anything.

In high school, one of my girlfriend's divorced mom started dating this guy, and he was terrified of me for some reason. Never found out why.

I had a neighbor who was a cop a couple of towns over. I'd helped him out a couple of times (pulled out a tree stump from his front yard, fixed his satellite dish cables) and we talked some at a block party. Then I ran into him at the shooting range, and he was having some trouble, so I gave him some pointers and it seemed to help him a bit. But he saw me shoot (I was a competitive shooter at the time) and apparently he told a couple of local cops to watch out for me, which got me some negative attention for a little while. Apparently, being able to shoot well must mean that you are potentially a dangerous criminal? Despite the fact that most criminals couldn't hit a barn if they were shooting from inside it?

I even had a guy who didn't want to tell me his song request at a DJ gig, so a girl at his table came up instead. Really?

People can be so strange sometimes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. When you have RFB and a quiet nature people don't know how to take it.
    Nowadays I'm more aware of my expression and try to smile more so they won't be so intimated.

But im unsure if its working though ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Ah, yes! That certainly make people assume stuff that is so far from the truth, lol.

I've always found you very sweet, down to earth and friendly. So, I don't think you're intimidating at all. :)

• I've been told I look unapproachable in real life since I always look angry unless I'm actively trying to look happy.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Awww. :/ I don't know if I would find you unapproachable if I we ever bumped into each othee, but you come across as a very sweet, honest and funny person online. So, you're not unapproachable at all. Lol

• 5d

Aw, well thank you! I've just had strangers come up to me in the past and say I look miserable or sad so that's the impression I give off I guess haha.

• depends on how they view your words I'm usely a polite person in public an online but you can't read facial expressions online not less it's on video on line

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

So true.

• Show All
    • 5d

an i wasn't tring to hit on you

• 5d

so hope it dint come off that way I believe in tring to be nice to most an block the gerks online have a goid day

• nah i can be intimidating or i can be someone you are afraid of when i'm pissed but other than that i'm laughable, i'm no one special

2|1
    0|0
    • 5d

I actually found you intimidating, lol

• Show All
    • 5d

I can't see your eyes, I've never seen you smile amd I've seen you give only serious opinions and you got mad at some people sometimes. So, it made me feel bit intimidated ๐Ÿ˜…

• 5d

i have posted more than 9000 opinions, i have posted pictures of myself ;) i'm not intimidating ^^ i got mad at idiots and religious people that's about it so don't worry about it

• I think some guys might and they're too scared to approach me but tbh im far from it. I can't even take myself seriously sometimes๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Awww! Lol. It must be tiring to have to smile a lot just to make people see that you're actually friendly! Lol

• 5d

It is๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

• Not that I know of and no one has ever told me that, in real life or online.

I do find those with moderator mark on gag as intimidating haha! I also less likely to initiate conversation with an influencer because I assume they must have tons of pm to reply to.

0|0
    0|0
  • say what? I find nothing about you intimidating.
    No, I'm the opposite, not intimidating enough. I'm very approachable and likeable in real life, especially by things that go "meow".

I know many of my neighbors, social butterfly...

0|0
    0|0
  • I can be very blunt at times & some find that intimidating.

2|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea what people think of me until they tell me what they think. There's no way to read someone's thoughts. There are people who are intimidated by humans in general. It seems normal for people to be intimidated by everyone they encounter in public, especially after drinking coffee.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but my sister is 5'10" with a serious bitch face and she is the most intimidating person I know

1|0
    0|0
  • People find me intimidating all the time due to my good looks. It actually means you get approached LESS Cus they donโ€™t think theyโ€™re good enough for you which often times is true unfortunately.

1|0
    5|0
  • I've been told I was, but as for me thinking about whether, or not people do, then no.

I try not to get distracted on things I have control over. If I worried so much about whether found me intimidating then I would never approach, or much less help carry on a discussion with someone willing to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol rarely. Some one has to be super intelligent for me to be intimidated. Not saying Iโ€™m super intelligent, but I havenโ€™t found someone around be in a very very long time that has intimidated me. And certainly no one on here, or online has ever intimidated, period

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

i am the master at intimidating just my looking at you <>..<> watching you

• Unless it's someone you think is going to physically hurt you I don't see why one should be intimidated by anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, but I'm mostly an introvert so I don't mind it either way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Apparently so, yes. I've also been told that a couple of times recently.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I do... For obvious reasons... Which is funny cause I really don't look that intimidatin, and people even tell me that.. One female did tell me the truth though.. I appreciated her for that.. XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've been told by quite a few people that I'm intimidating.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I hide my powerlevel very well ๐Ÿ‘“ only someone like me can detect my powerlevel and these people only approach me if they have a really good reason to

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Because of my quietness and looks. Some thinks I'm mean or stuck up, but that is far from the truth. My meanness is me being truthful and honest which can come off as being blunt. But hey, better the truth than a lie, right? And me being so-called stuck up is just me being stressed, frustrated, tired, worn out, sick, or me concentrating, intuiting, or being very quiet. 9/10x I'm in my head. I learned to just love life, but you don't have to tolerate the nonsense of other people. I don't bite, but by the time they see the real me, they find others ways to bully me. Just stay away from such people.

0|0
    0|0
  • In person i've been told i am since i'm 6'5" and it makes me laugh everytime i hear that because i'm soft like cookie dough. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • yuP people comment on my pics that i look like a serial killer and intimidating.. and i am handsome lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Have a resting bastard face , rarely smile , am quite big and have that ex military no nonsense attitude and demeanor , so some may do. I am OK once people get to know me , but that takes time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online I'm not sure but I definitely think people get intimidated by me in real life. I've been told I have a resting bitch face so many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'm intimidating, but people have told me so anyways so whatever.

To be fair I made a myTake writing in great detail why people should start throwing bricks at each other to flirt.

0|0
    0|0
  • You donโ€™t seem intimidating ๐Ÿ™‚You seem very approachable if anything ๐Ÿ˜

I had my moments where I gave off those bad vibes but then I opened up more and people like talking to me ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends personality. Probably in college lot student maybe be a bit intimidating. Other time it depends on person. by the way this is my sims self pic.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I'm easy to talk to but I'm not intimidating

1|0
    0|0
  • When i get blunt i wouldn't be surprised if some people do. But geberally i try to not be intimidating

1|0
    0|0
  • A few people in real life, maybe. I don't know why though.

1|0
    0|1
  • no because i want to look like a bitch but they still talk to me

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL! no. I don't think anyone has ever found me intimidating...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes yes yes ๐Ÿ˜ญ girls never approached me and one girl even asked me to know why I don't smile at people and talk with them. Even my aunt said the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people find me off-putting at first yet beautiful. I wear a lot of black and when im out I always look put together. even on a bad day.
    I don't smile if ever and Im a very matter of fact type of person. I get told I act like a live doll. I make no facial expressions when people talk.
    I have extremely dry humor and I run mostly off of pure logic
    Im told I have a very intense stare that creeps people out for some reason Or insults them so they put their load guns up which I find amusing at best because I never take the bait.

Most of my friends at first told me they thought I was a stuck up bitch till they realize I was human too lol Some even said I made them feel like they better not have a hair out of place or forget to dot an I because of my serious looks and like Im judging them so how I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been told that irl a lot, especially from my parents ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

* my parents tell me that a lot of other people are intimidated by me

• Probably. My facial expressions range from expressionless to angry, especially when I'm uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i don't so but i imagine it happens to the best of us
    i think your easy to talk with and i am comfortable speaking
    with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people do, I'm not sure why. I'm very sweet lol

0|0
    0|0
  • not really but I'm not easily intimidated so I just kinda assume everyone else is the same. I'm probably wrong but hey...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.. For some reason. Maybe I look mean, people are always apologizing to me like they've upset me or something

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm probably one of the least intimidating being, not in a weak way, but probably because I look friendly.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

People probably find you intimidating because you look really good.

• Women find me intimidating but only because feminists have told them all men are rapists.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one ever initiates convs with me. I'm not enough of a human being to bother with :)

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Annoying maybe. I'm too happy to seem intimidating.

0|0
    0|0
  • On here, I'm not sure. In real life people tend to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes come off as a big mean looking guy in real life.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes