Do you think 6 months is too soon to start dating after someone's fiancé passed away?

After being together for a year

Is 6 months too soon after my fiance passing to date again?

1526

1526
  • Only that person knows the answer to that question and no one else is allowed to say anything about it

• At some point you are going to have to move on with your life. If you feel ready to move on, and you feel you over the grieving, and no emotional baggage. Then I would say, then go ahead and start dating.

• Ask yourself that question.
    Feel if you are ready to meet anyone new.
    Don't rush to or drag out on it that it must be a specific time, everyone is different. some moves on directly, some others doesn't move on at all and the rest somewhere between.
    Only you know when you're ready.

• Every single relationship ends one way or another, there is no time frame in law or hand book to say what we can and can't do so if you feelnthe he is right go for it its your life not theirs so don't let other people's. opinion of you be your reality! Go and enjoy life!

• Wow that’s heavy. Sorry for your loss. It’s whenever you feel ready but if you are still mourning him it is probably unfair to your dates. It’s hard to compete with a ghost. Good luck to you

• There's no federally approved schedule for grieving. Everyone handles it differently and in a different time-frame. If you, or whomever you're referring to feels like they're past the grief and sorrow of losing a loved one and they're ready to start seeing other people that's exactly what they should do.

• I personally would never be with someone ever again if I were married and then the person I was married to passed away. But, what you want to do after such a tragedy, is only for you to say.

• So first things first: I am very sorry for your loss. I am by no means an expert, but I do believe that the dead don't have any expectations of the living. But probably if they did, they would want us to be happy and to love again. So suffering needlessly is a poor way to honour the our dearly departed and isn't good for us. The only issue you must establish is whether you are able to open your heart to another. 6 months is a normal grieving period, but each person is different.

But rest assured, you can love your late fiancé's memory and love someone else. You can pray for your late beloved and then make love to another. They aren't exes - they aren't competition for your next partner. Some people might be uncomfortable dating you when you still love your late fiancé's memory, but they're wrong.

You do what is right for you. I am sure your late beloved would want no less.

• Each person handles that differently. I've known some don't get over it for years. I've known one to start dating just six weeks later. It's not for anytime else to determine when is (or isn't) the right time to start dating again.

• It is fine. If you feel ready to date, then you are ready to date.

• it's entirely up the individual. it may feel too soon for me or you but may seem perfectly fine to others

• No , you or another may fit in just as , what ever happened to get you to ask This.
    Some start right after they find out of the passing, not being disrespect. Depend who they where alive.

• It would be too soon for some people, everyone is different but I do think if it was me who died I would want my partner to move on and try to find some happiness if possible.

• I think that is a personal decision that should be decided on a case by case basis.

• 6 months is long enough, I'm sorry for your loss, may GOD have mercy on them.

• It's about the emotional healing, not the amount of time.

• For me 18 months was too soon, but an old friend of hers died and I end up getting close to friend at the funeral...

• No. Everyone is different. Everyone recovers and moves on differently. If someone feels that is enough time, then it is fine.

• Different people are different. My uncle started dating in less time after my aunt died. Some people need years.

• No; if there's a lesson losing your fiancé should have taught you it's that life's too short.

• I know personally I would be over it much faster but I think 6 months would be fine

• It is up to the individual, I don't know what I would do.

• Depends on how long it takes you to heal. Only go for it when you're ready

• Not at All... Life is Way too Short. xx

• yes way to soon

• Uh yeah

• Depends on the state of mind the person is at

• Oh yes, u need time without a formal schedule

• If you have to ask, then no.

• Next day fine by me we both need comfort go for it

• No, not all of us take years upon years to grieve

• Yes you have to wait at least 2 years.

• No, they were only together for a year

• Nope.

• If you're horny, go for it.

• Yes, I probably wouldn’t date for years.

• I don't think so. Life goes on with or without us.

• i would be too soon to me

• We say -Life is so short- but the truth is life is not even short... I would be so happy if it were short.
    I am sorry your fiance died but what about you? You deserve happiness and just like your fiance you don't know it too what's going to happen tomorrow? So live your life today as much as you can. If you truly like a guy when dating go for it. Don't wait and waste not even 1 minute.

• I think it just depends on the person. If they feel ready then there should be no shame in that but also if it takes them six years there is no shame in that either.

• Yes. I would wait for at least 10