Should we be tolerant of other people's religious beliefs if they do not match the laws and rights in our country?

Even if they do not tolerate our beliefs and customs in their countries?

www.smalljoys.tv/.../
  • Yes
  • Depends on their beliefs
  • No
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
7d
As a reference: I asked a few days ago if burka should ba banned because it would be difficult to identify a person like that if they commited crime, and some people said it is religious freedom and even called me islamophobic. However, as you can see, other countries don't care about our beliefs or our freedom.

219

Most Helpful Guys

• A more core level of your question is that I believe it is harmful and wrong for your country to import people who clash with the host country's culture and beliefs.

It is a crime against your country to bring division, hostile, counter entities into your community.

• Not if it breaks the law, no.

Example - if somebody wanted to restore the Aztec religion, complete with sadistic human sacrifices, should that be allowed? No, under no circumstances.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's really offensive in Iran for public display affection, they should first catch the culprit who recorded the whole scene instead of stopping it.

Who's to say the couple is not a couple of foreigners stopping by fora mini vacation?

• 7d

Well, i asked aboyt niqab and burka because they make security difficult, and people said we should accept it because it is religious. Freedom, but they aren't tolerant of our beliefs as you can see

• 7d

Like I said, just making things clear.

I have no problem about niqab or burka. Yes, it's a little tricky when they're suspected of doing crime, but you can deal with it by assigning female officers checking them out in a private room. It's a win-win.

As for the proposal, I'm sure they just want to share their happiness, but it backfires. I do think it's a little over the top to send them to jail.

A fine or warning would be more appropriate.

• 7d

You can"t check every single person. Plus, they could do something before an officer checks them... and if there are many people and they hide their faces aftwer being checked and then commit a crine you still don't know who did it.