Should we be tolerant of other people's religious beliefs if they do not match the laws and rights in our country?

Even if they do not tolerate our beliefs and customs in their countries?

www.smalljoys.tv/.../
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Depends on their beliefs
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
7d
As a reference: I asked a few days ago if burka should ba banned because it would be difficult to identify a person like that if they commited crime, and some people said it is religious freedom and even called me islamophobic. However, as you can see, other countries don't care about our beliefs or our freedom.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• A more core level of your question is that I believe it is harmful and wrong for your country to import people who clash with the host country's culture and beliefs.

It is a crime against your country to bring division, hostile, counter entities into your community.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if it breaks the law, no.

Example - if somebody wanted to restore the Aztec religion, complete with sadistic human sacrifices, should that be allowed? No, under no circumstances.

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's really offensive in Iran for public display affection, they should first catch the culprit who recorded the whole scene instead of stopping it.

Who's to say the couple is not a couple of foreigners stopping by fora mini vacation?

0|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Well, i asked aboyt niqab and burka because they make security difficult, and people said we should accept it because it is religious. Freedom, but they aren't tolerant of our beliefs as you can see

• Show All
    • 7d

Like I said, just making things clear.

I have no problem about niqab or burka. Yes, it's a little tricky when they're suspected of doing crime, but you can deal with it by assigning female officers checking them out in a private room. It's a win-win.

As for the proposal, I'm sure they just want to share their happiness, but it backfires. I do think it's a little over the top to send them to jail.

A fine or warning would be more appropriate.

• 7d

You can"t check every single person. Plus, they could do something before an officer checks them... and if there are many people and they hide their faces aftwer being checked and then commit a crine you still don't know who did it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This definitely depends on their beliefs. I don't care that Jews want to celebrate their Sabbath on Saturday. That's great, and more power to them. I would care very much if Aztecs wanted to do some ritual sacrifice of a few hundred people in the area.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my country the government breaks our own laws, so a question like this doesn't have a simple answer, because what the government calls "law" is mostly just treason. I would absolutely say that the declaration of Independence should be obeyed by anyone who sets foot on my soil, including the accomplices of the dang U. S. gov itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • We should have an identity as a country and we should protect that identity. Our traditions and customs should be protected and other cultures should have to work around those traditions and customs. That is how it works in Muslim countries, for example. Muslim countries can be tolerant to other faiths and practices but not at the expense of their own values.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, countries laws always should come above religious ways.

We should accept all religions and not discriminate. However, just because you say you can do something because of your beliefs, doesn't mean you should be able to do it.

In a nutshell, allow all religious rules on each person who wants to follow them, as long as they don't clash with governmental laws.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not
    If your religion permits the sacrificing of virgins, that would be murder under the law and they should be arrested.
    I'm not saying there are religions like that. It's just to make a point.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has her/his own way of thinking. Why does the country restrict how a person wants to think as a way to better themselves? Lets say, you want to go to college, yet the country laws won't allow it because your hand is half a cm too small. Is that right?

0|0
    0|0
  • What does that even mean?

If you break the law, you should go to jail.

Period.

0|0
    1|1
    • 7d

Look at the link and think about all the stuff Muslims do and may noy be ok. For example i asked if burka should be banned because everyone's face should be on display on public for security reasons. People said it is religious freedom...

• 7d

Your logic is just flawed. You proceed from a false assumption. Your argument is that if "Muslim" countries restrict freedoms in their nation, that non-Muslim countries should do something similar in return to their Muslims citizens.

That makes no sense. I choose not to live in a Muslim country, because I am not Muslim and many Muslim nations appear to be restrictive of freedoms. I live in a nation that respects religious freedom for a reason. Because I don't want my religious freedoms restricted. And if this nation starts to restrict certain freedoms, it will be time to leave. Because your logic permits you to restrict the freedoms of anyone you have political or religious disagreements with.

• No, anyone can start a religion, we should keep state and religion separate or all will go to shit. There's a reason we split this in the past.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mean if their religious practices are illegal, they can't say "Oh it's our religion." They still broke the law.

Otherwise, it would be legal to kidnap a virgin and sacrifice it to the rain god to give California more rain.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people can believe whatever they want but wanting to do things that vioate the law are not okay even if for religious reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's something simple like how hindus refuse to eat beef or jains don't eat garlic and onion then it's fine.
    But anything that harms other people or property isn't allowed.

0|1
    0|0
  • They can never over ride the laws and rights of that country. That's non negotiable in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, even if it violates our law. I rather live in a full functioning society than a mundane one.

0|0
    0|1
  • every 1 has the right to believe how you want ice had friends against gay an lesbian marriages but I believe a person deserves these rights

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Our land our laws. Don't like it, pack your shit and leave

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on their beliefs

0|1
    0|0
  • No, the law isn't something you can opt out of.

0|1
    0|0
  • No tolerance to subversive ideas and movements.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes