Would you ban guns in your country if you could?

I am talking about banning the importing, selling and possesion of guns for everyone except the military. The police could use something else to stop an attacker. No guns would not pass the country borders unless it is the military.
  • Yes, ban guns for everyone except the military
    Vote A
  • Let the the police and military have guns, but not citizens
    Vote B
  • Don't ban guns but make it more difficult to get them
    Vote C
  • Let the law as it is
    Vote D
  • Make guns more accessible
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I voted E.

The UK has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world. I understand exactly why this is, and I also appreciate that there is no public appetite to reopen this debate again.

Nevertheless, I feel that the law as it stands is too strict, and would personally be amenable to some relaxation on this front.

0|0
    0|1
  • My country is gun free and there are still gangs running around with guns so if there is a need for them. they will get them, just like drugs its illegal but they are everywhere, speeding is illegal but everyone does it.

0|2
    0|0
  • No way. I'm for there being more background checks, but I'll never support the total ban of firearms. I value my constitutional rights.

0|2
    0|1
  • No. I favour regulate. Handguns (50 cal and magnum included etc etc), hunting rifles and semi autos are alright (both 5.56 and 7.62). No fully auto rifles, 50 cal machine guns, explosives, bombs, nuclear bombs, dirty bombs, chemical weapons, cannons, tank guns, RPGs, ICMBs, artillery and mortars.

0|0
    0|0
  • No thanks, I'll keep my guns.
    #girlswithglocks
    #thosethatshootbacklivelonger

0|1
    0|0
  • Why should we ban guns just because of radical morons.
    Citizens should always have a right to defend themselves.
    Never leave guns to just the government and cops because theycam miss use their authority.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

And if those law abiding citizens decide to one day shoot up a school? Letting people have easy and Unrestricted access to dangerous weapons makes it easier for atrocities like that to happen. That’s how it’s been going so far.

• Show All
    • 3d

But your not listening they will still get guns if you try and ban em.
      They will still get guns.

• 3d

Yes they can try. But again, most people don’t have access to an arms dealer or gang members who sell em. And plus, Having to go out and find guns like that makes it harder for them to attain. Making it harder might just stop a shooting.

Are you ok with psychopaths having easy access to guns? I’m not ok with that. If they want to get em anyways, I want to make it much harder for them to do so.

• That won't ever happen here in the US, so you have two choices: you can bury your head in the sand and say "it could never happen HERE, to ME"... or you can choose to exercise your right to defend yourself with deadly force (state laws permitting).

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Removing the power of self-defense = slavery. Ask the people of Venezuela about it.

0|1
    0|1
    • 4d

How will an attacker have a gun if you can't have one either?

• 3d

Just like drugs are illegal and they have that! Look at UK where guns are for the most part illegal... lots and lots of knife stabbing going on and now they are thinking of banning kitchen knives. Hammers kill a lot of people even where guns are available. Do we ban hammers? The do we ban screwdrivers? Dumb.

• I dont think banning guns from everyone including police is a good idea but limiting their availability, requiring background checks and knowing when an individual with mental health issues or hate ideology is seeking to get one should be red flagged

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I mean, if nonody in the country can have one, nobody can shoot anyone. There could be some special forces in case someone had one hiden somewhere

• Show All
    • 4d

In my country people with pigs had to kill them when a disease spread... how did the police know? the neighbours told them or they came to search... when the safety of the country is in question, yes, they could search. But you can't fire a gun without bullets. Plus, you need licence for a gun, so the police would already know who legally owns one. If someone has an illegal gun then they will soon run out of bullets.

• 4d

So again how do you take away property someone legally owns who has committed no crime. I’m not sure what country you live in but I enjoy the freedoms my US Constitution gives us. and to do what you suggest would require destroying the entire foundation of our democracy. That would make my country a far worse place to live not a better one.

• Too late for that now but if it was possible to remove all guns and start over with new laws and restrictions then yes I would do it but of course that is a impossibility. Banning guns in the US is simply not a option.

0|0
    0|0
  • When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!
    Also, the second amendment is what assures that you will have the first amendment rights to tell me that I shouldn't have guns!

0|2
    0|0
  • The problem is not so much the guns themselves, but a culture that glorifies guns, violence, and unnecessary confrontation. Fix that and it won't matter how many guns are out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, in fact I would get rid of the majority of existing firearms restrictions.

0|0
    0|1
  • I say let them be more accessible to the good people. I grew up in Montana where almost everyone had a gun. No one fucked with anyone. Lol

0|0
    0|2
  • Let the the police and military have guns, but not citizens

lol @ typical American pro-gun responses

0|0
    0|0
  • Banning guns only makes tyrants more powerful. So I don't support any gun ban.

0|1
    0|1
  • Make guns as available as possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Already done. It's a pretty cool gig, gotta say.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am in the US, and I support access to firearms

0|0
    0|1
  • No. Dumbest idea ever

0|1
    0|0
  • wouldn't know cuz not all who own 1 kill for fun

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes