What's a wild experience you've had with a bicycle?

bOicycle
bOicycle
I used to live in an apartment complex. The complex sat on a big hill so there would be areas that were steeper than others. When I was around ten years old, some friends and I would take our bikes to the top of a grassy hill that nestled in between two apartment buildings and would routinely ride down the hill. I was comfortable doing so until... One day I rode down the hill and everything was going fine at first... Then I noticed I couldn't manage my speed!

So I looked down and saw that the chain had popped off. I was so panicked that I wasn't even looking where I was going. I was digging my heels into the ground trying to stop the bike from crashing but the bike was too tall for me. Long story short, I ended up hitting the one bump at the bottom of the hill and did what felt like a full front flip with the bike then landed right on the seat with my crotch. :') I played the pain off so the other kids wouldn't think I was a weakling... xD

What's your story?

Photo by "Eduard Militaru" on Unsplash

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Once I was riding my bike and I saw a path of fall leaves coming up on the flat road and thought nothing of it, the leaves made the road slippery and I crashed. I might've scratched something but otherwise walked away without any injuries. So I got back home and my mom is like what happened to you and I explained, she didn't believe the part about the leaves.

I was like "I crashed because of the leaves!" "The leaves did this!", doesn't that sound silly? lol! True story though.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I don't know why but when I was reading this it made me think of a possible movie with killer leaves. And nobody believes people when they say "It was the leaves!" ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'd pay to see that ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• Show All
    • 1d

Thanks for MHO!

• 1d

Happy to appoint! _๐Ÿฅ‚______๐Ÿƒ_

• Let's see
    - I've crashed into trees
    - Smashed my head into the ground
    - Got hit by a car
    - Got hit by other bicycles
    - Have had my fair share of road rage
    - Annoyed people into leaving by acting as if I don't speak Dutch
    - almost hit various animals
    - tires exploded
    - Oh, I fell A LOT

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Yeah let's keep you away from bikes xD for the bikes sake

Most Helpful Girls

• Went down a hill with a traffic light at the bottom. Its a pretty busy road with a bicycle lane next to it. I was in the lane going down picking up speed when my brake cable snapped so no more brakes. Got to the red light and was like "welp lady luck, lets see what happens" so i crossed the road at full speed and nearly got hit but got across safely. Had to wait till i was slowed down enough to get off and just sat there for a couple of minutes. Then walked the rest of the way.

1|1
    0|0
  • O I have had many issues with my bikes๐Ÿ˜‚ I've fallen over a thousand times, I slipped because of snow or ice, my brakes just stopped working, some random parts fell off, I have been blown off my bike multiple times by the wind, I ran over my phone, almost killed a cat, dog and a kid๐Ÿ˜‚ I have been through all of it during my 14 years riding a bike...

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I got my first job when I was 16 at a beach shop about 3 miles from my house so I rode my bike to work. I also had a cell phone that I'd talk on the whole way. I flipped my bike many times from not paying attention and always got all busted and bruised. Never really learned from it though.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can barely ride a bike to begin with
    But my family made me join them in biking down a volcano in Hawaii (which was cool, but terrifying cuz I can't fucking ride a bike). Kept weaving in and out of the lane and almost into traffic and into the guard rail. hahahah
    Not really wild, but that's why I stay off bikes.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

๐Ÿ˜‚ That just means you gotta get in bikes more! But at a safe location ๐Ÿ™

• I got my foot stuck in the wheel, I still have the scar, also another time I was riding my sister on the back and I was going too fast so she fell of and bruised her whole arm on the road, and she still has scars too๐Ÿ˜”

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Dang! I'm surprised I don't have any scars from how rough I used to be on bikes. My friends used to play games where we'd have to try to crash into one guy trying to get away. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…

• 6d

Oh dang ๐Ÿ‘€

• I was gonna overtake a car between the lanes, but there was a pothole there so I lost palace. The handlebar was shaking the pike started to shake but somehow managed to put a feet down. And my bike just took the rest of the control of itself and we got "separated. I still had some movement energy so just kept running between the cars for a few meters and my bike was just flying/bouncing away by it's own. Worked as a bike messenger so it was pretty normal that time.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was 7, I was riding my bike in circles in a school yard. I must've taken a hard turn because I flipped off the bike. Broke my thumb, but wasn't to concerned about it apparently.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

For real? I would have been on the ground crying! xD

• 4d

Yeah. I don't know why. Maybe I was more concerned about me not being able to ride my bike for the rest of that day

• I left a bicycle at a museum unlocked for 4 hours and was shocked it wasnโ€˜t stolen. Usually I lock it up before my art sessions but it was a rush that day. In 406 all-time sessions, that was the only day I forgot to lock it up and hopefully the only.

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

I hate that people steal bikes so much. Got like 3 bikes stolen from me. I remember being so sad.

• i would regularly ride my bike on a trail i made to a girls house that i had a crush on. on my way back one day, it was slick on the road and i was going really fast! i had to slow down for a turn but my brakes locked and i couldn't do anything but lay my bike down. i ended up 5 ft. from a suburban. i pedaled away bleeding though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I rid it down a hill, it was alluring, amazing, a must try experience, I fell off the bike and slammed face first into the sidewalk though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was on my way to school well dressed as a model going to hit the runway then my cousin came and insisted to take me with him on his bicycle and i was so afraid but i agreed and just a few seconds there were a spot of water were fell down and it was the first and last time i ride a bicycle ๐Ÿ’” by the way i was 9yrs old ๐Ÿ™„

1|2
    0|0
  • The bakes didn't work so I had to jump off or crash into a brick wall

1|3
    0|0
  • I rode down a large hill and my breaks stopped working, I ended up hitting a bump and went head first into a fence, broke the fence, and scraped up my face. My friends brother ended up riding by and thought I had to go to the hospital. It wasnโ€™t that bad though luckily.

0|1
    0|0
  • At age 6 I was given my first bike without training wheels. I stupidly assumed, being 6 and all, that I was a master on two wheels and bolted down a very steep hill leading down my very quiet cul-de-sac; my friend was standing at the bottom and I couldn't figure out how to brake (again, 6 years old) so I crashed into him and rocketed over the handle bars - both of us were hurt and spooked but not majorly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Two bald spots on my head remind me that I tried wheelie and failed...
    But I did it successfully after 3or 4 years when I got a better cycle

0|1
    0|0
  • I once had a great bike ride around a lake when I was 17. Then I braked hard at the the top of some slope went flying over the handlebars lol. Ended up with a bloody left elbow n badly grazed hip lol. Shakily picked myself up n my bike n wheeled myself towards a nearby pub. Parked bike outside n hobbled inside n politely asked for some first aid n to use the telephone please. (my mobile was damaged lol). Rang home, asked mum to come get me she said she was too busy just then n it was a little ride from home. Fucking kidding me? I nearly killed myself on my bike, got blood flowing n she just flips me off like that? Damn! So after patching myself up, n drank down the glass of water the kindly bartender offered, i then had to ride myself home exhausted nhad a huge row about it all later lol. Fun times haha๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜Ž

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Dang! Our moms are so different! Mine was so protective and worrisome.

• 6d

Ha you got lucky then. Mine is over protective to the oou t the whole family had cut her off coz she is so spiteful lol

• I was living in North Springfield Missouri. My car was totaled. I work 20 miles in south Springfield. I was riding my bike in a new road that had not been open yet. I was on the bridge when somthing told me to stop! On the other side the road was not there yet. A 60 foot drop to the pavement

0|1
    0|0
  • A dog chased me, my kid self was terrified of dogs, I came rushing down a street trough the middle of the crowd and ended up hitting a trash bin, I just stayed there with the bike on top of me and the dog going crazy jumping around

1|1
    0|0
  • Best friend and I riding on one. Cycle loses balances we both fall.
    He gets thrown 3 feet away, not a scratch.
    I fall with the cycle, hairline fracture and 7 stitches.

0|1
    0|0
  • I almost hit a squirrel! I hit my breaks and almost touched it. He came out and stood so still. After I stopped he looked up at me all pissed. I donโ€™t know if he wanted to see Jesus or what.

1|1
    0|0
  • i fell off the bike when I saw my dad because I was not allowed to ride bikes when I was a kid.

1|1
    0|0
  • I fell and scrape my knee and when I was crying my bike pissed on me

1|1
    0|0
  • A wild experience Iโ€™ve had with a bicycle was when I cycled over a big bump on a gate and fell right down on my hand.

1|1
    0|0
  • Had an orgasm... We've made love ever since. Now we have mini-bicycles to take care of.

0|1
    0|0
  • Street raced some random dude once; won five bucks off him because I had a road bike and he didn't. Sucker

0|1
    0|0
  • I had a medical episode while riding one day many years ago

0|1
    0|0
  • Almost got hit by a car when I was a child

1|1
    0|0
  • I crashed going 27 mph during a race

1|1
    0|0
  • my fried grasses into the side of a house

0|1
    0|0
  • I fell and skinned my elbow really bad

0|1
    0|0
  • Almost got hit by one lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I almost rode my bicycle into a speeding truck because a bird jumped out in front of me and caught me off guard ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes