What's a wild experience you've had with a bicycle?

bOicycle
bOicycle
I used to live in an apartment complex. The complex sat on a big hill so there would be areas that were steeper than others. When I was around ten years old, some friends and I would take our bikes to the top of a grassy hill that nestled in between two apartment buildings and would routinely ride down the hill. I was comfortable doing so until... One day I rode down the hill and everything was going fine at first... Then I noticed I couldn't manage my speed!

So I looked down and saw that the chain had popped off. I was so panicked that I wasn't even looking where I was going. I was digging my heels into the ground trying to stop the bike from crashing but the bike was too tall for me. Long story short, I ended up hitting the one bump at the bottom of the hill and did what felt like a full front flip with the bike then landed right on the seat with my crotch. :') I played the pain off so the other kids wouldn't think I was a weakling... xD

What's your story?

Photo by "Eduard Militaru" on Unsplash

1618

Most Helpful Guys

• Once I was riding my bike and I saw a path of fall leaves coming up on the flat road and thought nothing of it, the leaves made the road slippery and I crashed. I might've scratched something but otherwise walked away without any injuries. So I got back home and my mom is like what happened to you and I explained, she didn't believe the part about the leaves.

I was like "I crashed because of the leaves!" "The leaves did this!", doesn't that sound silly? lol! True story though.

• 6d

I don't know why but when I was reading this it made me think of a possible movie with killer leaves. And nobody believes people when they say "It was the leaves!" ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'd pay to see that ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• 1d

Thanks for MHO!

• 1d

Happy to appoint! _๐Ÿฅ‚______๐Ÿƒ_

• Let's see
    - I've crashed into trees
    - Smashed my head into the ground
    - Got hit by a car
    - Got hit by other bicycles
    - Have had my fair share of road rage
    - Annoyed people into leaving by acting as if I don't speak Dutch
    - almost hit various animals
    - tires exploded
    - Oh, I fell A LOT

• 4d

Yeah let's keep you away from bikes xD for the bikes sake

Most Helpful Girls

• Went down a hill with a traffic light at the bottom. Its a pretty busy road with a bicycle lane next to it. I was in the lane going down picking up speed when my brake cable snapped so no more brakes. Got to the red light and was like "welp lady luck, lets see what happens" so i crossed the road at full speed and nearly got hit but got across safely. Had to wait till i was slowed down enough to get off and just sat there for a couple of minutes. Then walked the rest of the way.

• O I have had many issues with my bikes๐Ÿ˜‚ I've fallen over a thousand times, I slipped because of snow or ice, my brakes just stopped working, some random parts fell off, I have been blown off my bike multiple times by the wind, I ran over my phone, almost killed a cat, dog and a kid๐Ÿ˜‚ I have been through all of it during my 14 years riding a bike...