What would you do during a terrorist attack/mass shooting?

• Run
  • Hide
  • Run/hide but try to stop the attacker if you have the chance
    Vote C
  • Plan something with other people to stop the attacker
    Vote D
  • I have a gun, I will make good use of it
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
For me it depends on the circumstances. If it is an attack like it was in France a few years a go, when a guy ran over people with a truck then the only option is to run. If it is something like it happened these days in New Zeeland I think I would discuss with other people. They knew he was coming and could have jumped all on him when he entered the room. However, I am aware that in those moments people may not do the most logical thing.

1054

Most Helpful Girls

• It would completely depend on what's going on. I usually think about this scenario happening while I'm in school.

If the shooter was in the same room as me, I would play dead. I've been told that laying on your stomach can hide your breathing better.

If the shooter was in a different hall or floor, I'd probably make a run for it and run to a nearby house. If running wasn't an option I'd hide in a closet or something.

I know I should say that I'd be some kind of hero and tackle the shooter, but truthfully I wouldn't (unless the opportunity was easy for me to get him).

I'd also try to look for my siblings if I could.

• id play dead if there's no option. if i can't, ill try to take him down. i might die anyway, why not die fighting back

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly most likely run really fast
    However there is a point that comes where you have to buckle up and make a decision because there comes a point where you are most likely going to die either way

For instance the mosque shooting
    There were like 40 people that all huddled in the corner when the shooter came in

If they would all have acted cohesively and rushed him. He would only have maybe killed 10 before someone poked his eyes out

But its hard to make the decision of life and death
    So run is the first instinct

• I know, they could have jumped all on him.

• no thats very different
      a guy coming in with a bomb has not blowing up people, he's threatening people... they all have time to talk and negotiate

thats very different from a dude coming in shooting people dead and making his way to the back in a matter of 10 seconds and opening full on fire shooting everyone in sight...

the problem is who is going to be the first 5 to go up to him... because they will die
      no one wants to do that...

thats why its very hard for this to work in a situation when you have really only 10 seconds to make such a choice... thats no joke lol...10 seconds when people are crawling getting shot is not much time to think... you just run, get in shock and hope for the best

• Yeah, but the thing is you die anyway. He is shooting to kill. You don't have much to lose. And if you all jump at the same time most likely he won't be able to shoot anyone. Unless you jump on his front vs side and back as you should do...
      The guys who wrestle ld him would have been shot anyway. He literally made just everyone in that room is dying... very few weren't hit seriously.
      There isn't much to thing, you just all jump and kick him. and i said, in that situation it is understandable that the most logical solution may not come into your mind

• If I had a chance to get him down, I'd go at him/her... and honestly try to save them too. I've lived a long life already and have no dependents, so I'd go try to take him down and save others. I'm sacrificial.

If there is no chance, hide or run and save someone if I can.