What would you do during a terrorist attack/mass shooting?

• Run
    Vote A
  • Hide
    Vote B
  • Run/hide but try to stop the attacker if you have the chance
    Vote C
  • Plan something with other people to stop the attacker
    Vote D
  • I have a gun, I will make good use of it
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
For me it depends on the circumstances. If it is an attack like it was in France a few years a go, when a guy ran over people with a truck then the only option is to run. If it is something like it happened these days in New Zeeland I think I would discuss with other people. They knew he was coming and could have jumped all on him when he entered the room. However, I am aware that in those moments people may not do the most logical thing.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• It would completely depend on what's going on. I usually think about this scenario happening while I'm in school.

If the shooter was in the same room as me, I would play dead. I've been told that laying on your stomach can hide your breathing better.

If the shooter was in a different hall or floor, I'd probably make a run for it and run to a nearby house. If running wasn't an option I'd hide in a closet or something.

I know I should say that I'd be some kind of hero and tackle the shooter, but truthfully I wouldn't (unless the opportunity was easy for me to get him).

I'd also try to look for my siblings if I could.

1|0
    0|0
  • id play dead if there's no option. if i can't, ill try to take him down. i might die anyway, why not die fighting back

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Honestly most likely run really fast
    However there is a point that comes where you have to buckle up and make a decision because there comes a point where you are most likely going to die either way

For instance the mosque shooting
    There were like 40 people that all huddled in the corner when the shooter came in

If they would all have acted cohesively and rushed him. He would only have maybe killed 10 before someone poked his eyes out

But its hard to make the decision of life and death
    So run is the first instinct

1|0
    0|0
    • I know, they could have jumped all on him.

• Show All
    • no thats very different
      a guy coming in with a bomb has not blowing up people, he's threatening people... they all have time to talk and negotiate

thats very different from a dude coming in shooting people dead and making his way to the back in a matter of 10 seconds and opening full on fire shooting everyone in sight...

the problem is who is going to be the first 5 to go up to him... because they will die
      no one wants to do that...

thats why its very hard for this to work in a situation when you have really only 10 seconds to make such a choice... thats no joke lol...10 seconds when people are crawling getting shot is not much time to think... you just run, get in shock and hope for the best

• Yeah, but the thing is you die anyway. He is shooting to kill. You don't have much to lose. And if you all jump at the same time most likely he won't be able to shoot anyone. Unless you jump on his front vs side and back as you should do...
      The guys who wrestle ld him would have been shot anyway. He literally made just everyone in that room is dying... very few weren't hit seriously.
      There isn't much to thing, you just all jump and kick him. and i said, in that situation it is understandable that the most logical solution may not come into your mind

• If I had a chance to get him down, I'd go at him/her... and honestly try to save them too. I've lived a long life already and have no dependents, so I'd go try to take him down and save others. I'm sacrificial.

If there is no chance, hide or run and save someone if I can.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's impossible to say, your instincts take over so unless you've been in those situations and felt that adrenaline it's hard to say. If you say you'd "plan with others or try to stop the attacker" I highly highly doubt that's what would actually happen unless you have training to still operate under that level of pressure and intensity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use cover and try to reach the attacker, then kill them, or die trying.

I fear not death and I have proved as much to those around me, in face, death would be a blessing to me, so my only drive would be to stop the attacker at any cost.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I am on duty, I would pull my submachine gun or my sidearm - whichever is with me and more easily accessible and shoot the fucker.

If I just hear shots, I will immediately run towards the place to see what can I do to help. If the attack is still ongoing, then I would engage the attacker appropriately.

1|0
    0|0
    • If not on duty, immediately call for reinforcement and then see what I can do to help.

• Wait for my chance to attack and take out as many as I can I am trained martial artist and weapon user, know how to use a gun or bladed weapon, even improvised ones and I always carry a weapon on me, always.

If I die so be it.

1|1
    0|1
  • If its with family in tow it would be hide & evade, attack only if confronted by the 'terrorist / shooter'.
    By myself if I thought the risk to me was low enough I'd probably try to stop the 'terrorist / shooter' with what make shift weapons were available.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how close the person is. If they're really really close then obviously running will be a dumb idea ecspecially if they have a gun. I'd have to hide and play dead. But if i have the chance of running I'd run as far as i can and get into a safe area. Then I'd call the police

0|0
    0|0
  • Realistically, I imagine survival instinct would kick in and I'd try to get away.

But it all depends on the attack itself.

Say it's just a bomb like in Brussels, then you don't really have a choice. If it's a stabbing, then it's more realistic to try to stop the attacker as opposed to when terrorist has a gun.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take cover and make a plan to save the innocent people and if the police is still not there will make strategy to hold the terrorists with other guys who brave enough 🤔

2|0
    0|0
  • Don't know. Most people just panic. It can be very hard to determine what is going on.

Recently in San Francisco there was a panic when someone in the audience had a medical emergency and people nearby rushed to help them, at the very moment when there was gunfire as part of the show. People though there was a shooter and rushed the exits.

0|0
    0|0
  • Vote A & B. Not stop the attacker if I have a chance because attackers are now using assault rifles plus handguns as backup. Even if I was carrying a handgun I would run, as an assault rifle can outshoot a handgun any day of the week.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had anything close by usuable as a weapon I'd take down as many as I could. I'd be too pissed to run.

1|0
    0|0
  • If there only killing religious people even if there kids like at religious school probably cheer them on other wise well my dad didn't give me all the skills necessary to join the special forces for me to just stand buy and watch good non religious people die

0|0
    3|2
  • I can't answer this honestly nobody can unless you are in the situation. Truth is nobody knows that said I can speculate a bit here and say logically most would hide. That said I think having a gun would change things but that is if I have one on me and I am not always carrying.

0|0
    0|0
  • find my opportunity and try and take them out one by one

but eliminating the threat and keeping people alive who aren't the attackers, is of top importance

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to use my brain, if possible in the heat of the moment, to find a smart way out of danger. Your best asset is your brain, coupled with your ability to stay calm.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can absolutely guarantee I would be looking for an opening to take out the person. If possible knock them out.
    What do I got to lose?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd try to run, and if u can't I'd fake it, lie down take someone's blood next to me to fake it and wait until there is a chance to get out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hide under dead bodies.

If I must, I'll whip out my psychic powers to make their heads explode. I don't want to reveal my powers in public though..

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to think that I'd try and stop the attacker. Especially if I'd get 5 million dollars off the Feds.

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's too hard to have an idea of what you would do in that situation, without being in it. I'd like to say run but when your adrenaline kicks in I could do something completely different

0|0
    0|0
  • Play Pumped Up Kicks and see if dancing stops the shooter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know that anyone knows till they're in that situation. Fight or flight it's instinct.

1|1
    0|0
  • Run / hide / play dead / try to kill him myself.
    I truly don't know

2|0
    0|0
  • first priority will be to protect myself and other people. Then if i have a gun i will make good use of it

1|0
    0|0
  • If I'm with someone I really care about, i'll do everything in my power to protect them other wise I'm leaving and if he shoots me he shoots me

0|0
    0|0
  • One young Aussie girl lay quietly on the ground wounded, covered in others blood and acted dead, the shooter continued to walk around and execute the wounded, she survived.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally I would pull a legal gun and see if there is an opportunity to shoot the terrorist (s). Unfortunately there are no legal gun rights here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't run, and I'm not very strong so I'd hide and if another civilian is nearby subtly get them to hide too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here in Middle America, we shoot back. Shockingly, those crimes almost never seem to happen here.

0|0
    0|0
  • l would be willing to put myself in front of fire to safe woman/children

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's an Islamic terrorist attack I'd surely fight the attacker even if this means I'll probably die. My profile pic and header explains why

0|0
    0|0
  • I would unleash my Kung Fu powers.
    Lord have mercy on them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I run, but if I can get a chance to get in CQB, I'll try to disarm the guy and I'll freaking slaughter him.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would have to be in the situation or have experienced it to give an answer

0|0
    0|0
  • In that situation you will do one thing out of 3 possible ways and that i run, hide or take them on which i stand and fight

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely run. It's harder to hit a moving target.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly have no idea, i hope that ill never find out

0|0
    0|0
  • I would tell the mass shooter to subscribe to pewdiepie

0|0
    0|0
  • Draw my weapon and use it

1|1
    0|0
  • Hide like Hell. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Run if I can, play dead if I can’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kill the terrorist.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to stop them.

0|0
    0|0
  • fast jerk off session xaxa

0|1
    0|2
  • Lol bitch I run.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to tell...

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably get the hell out of there

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d run at them

0|0
    0|0
  • Run and hide would most likely be the thing to do.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes