Have you ever been afraid for your life?

Have you ever been afraid for your life?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Two times involving semi trucks.

Once I was at work setting up a traffic control device when a flatbed took the corner and almost crushed me (and three coworkers) between the flatbed semi trailer and my boss's truck. If I were to have ducked, the trailer wheels would've gotten me instead. The driver stopped in the nick of time but I'll never forget the feeling of the trailer tugging at my orange vest.

The second time I was driving home on a three hour trip when I noticed a truck pushing 90 mph in the center lane with no other vehicles nearby. I was passing him on the left when suddenly the truck started drifting into my lane. The driver had fallen asleep at the wheel. I laid on the horn and he woke up and quickly swerved back into his lane. He then got off the Interstate at the next exit. Had I not been there, he would've hit the median and gone into oncoming traffic at 90 mph.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda. Was once jogging late in the evening in between the forest and the cemetery on the edge of town when some really angry looking dog came out of nowhere and started aggressively barking at me. The whole thing probably wasn't all that long but it felt like it lasted for quite the amount of time. Every time I moved, it looked like it was about to jump on me.

0|0
    0|0
    • A dog barking made you think: "It's official. Gonna die!"?🤣🤣

Bet it was a tiny poodle 🙄😒🤣

• Woman, it was a rabid, ownerless dog, in the middle of the forest, completely insane while barking at me. That thing could lunge for me and easily reach the neck.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yeah when dad made me drive too fast for my little experience... Then he turned my steer wheel and made one super sharp turn with 90km/h and I didn't even know where I am from fear 😅😶 I thought we are going to crash somewhere... I was afraid for both our lives and the people on the road

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep, just a few months ago snowboarding on a huge hill I fell off my board and while I was in the air I was like “welp I’m either going to die or get hurt terribly” and I ended up getting hurt terribly.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Many times.

Falling out a window would be one time.

2|1
    0|0
  • when i was about 12 or 13 i thought for about 2 minutes i was going to drown in the ocean... that was pretty scary

1|0
    0|0
    • 2 minutes?
      Who saved you?🤔

• no one. i eventually was able to swim out of the rip tide. it was scary as hell. crazy part was i could hear the lifeguard whistles and them waving for people to get out of the water so i thought "oh they are coming for me" but then realized there was someone else they were going to rescue. so i just dug in and started swimming as hard as i could

• That's awful... I am glad to see you are the kinda person who learned - sadly the hard way - we can't wait for someone to save us, but fight for our lives.
      You are a fighter and I admire that.

• I used to live in a house with a highly abusive father so I everyday I was fearful for my life, my siblings, and my mother. It got especially scary when he figured out where we lived after we left.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Sometimes I feel scared. Cauz my bae hugs me tightly when I'm sleeping that too for long so that does give me no breathing space.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yeah, not long ago me and my sister were homeless because I challenged the religious community that I was born in, all so my sister could marry someone she loved who was not born in the community

1|1
    0|0
  • Last Friday , my work truck back tires fell off as i was doing like 50 mph , i saw my back tires blow past. me and the back of the truck dropped , i thought i was going. to die , but luckily i manuevered to the side of the road

0|0
    0|0
  • Not yet. Considering my chosen career path, however, I suspect the moment is coming. I graduate the police academy in May.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea. Got threatened with a shot gun cuz bou coupdnt handle rejection

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a very abusive boyfriend that would physically hurt me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, a few times and they are becoming more frequent as I am aging.

0|0
    0|0
  • A few times, but maybe not for things other people would consider life-threatening.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I got stuck in an elevator recently. Was fine though it was easy to call help

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my life as such, but more for the life of others.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i believe in something beyond this life when we die so i sont really fear death

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that serious.

Just at the time of accidents!😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Life's afraid of me!

;)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Several times.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes... Out in Egypt at One time... xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • Many times

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, once or twice. Terrifying times

0|0
    0|0
  • I have

0|0
    0|0
  • If you mean coming close to death then yes lot's.

0|1
    0|0
  • ALL THE DAMN TIME.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't remember a time when I was

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nope l will live for ever

0|0
    1|0
  • I got afraid just once in my life

0|0
    0|0
  • A few times, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Scared of meeting Jesus, no way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once when I was in a really bad car accident

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes one or two times

0|1
    0|1
  • From age 5 to 16 and once or twice a year since

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that I'm in change of it is scary

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • You got any other attempts for helpful advice?

• Nah

If you keep your ••awesome social skills•• then the vasectomy is indeed obsolete. LOL

(Then again, if the horrifying idea of continue the line by accidentally procreating..

.. you can always consider euthanasia. Just say the word.💉⚰)

• No...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that many times no, I hardly fight for it hehe

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, once when getting beat by my father as a small child. Once when breaking up a knife fight at work and once in a car wreck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm afraid the next girl I approach will put a harassment lawsuit on me

0|1
    1|0
    • Show All
    • Ohh, I'm sorry to hear that :(

• Nothing happened. That slut thought she was gonna get me in trouble. You can't just lie in court without any proof

Recommended myTakes