Do you trust your gut instincts?

I got into "Sweet Home Alabama" recently, I just get on a kick sometimes with songs, learning to play them... and was touched by the story behind the band.
...
A plane carrying most of the band crashed in October 1977. The backup vocalist, Cassie Gaines did not want to board the plane due to the plane having an engine fire in prior days. She booked a commercial flight. The band, including her husband and lead singer, coaxed her to fly on the plane and she did.

The Convair C-240 went down killing everyone except Billy Powell. Cassie Gaines survived the crash but bled to death from deep lacerations prior to being rescued. The plane crashed due to inadequate fuel. The pilots realized the issue and tried to emergency land.

In honor of the band, here's the song. But I say to you, a "gut instinct" is a real thing. I wont' explain it now how I think it works, but you have gifts greater than you may have realized, to have foresight, intiution, vision. Develop and learn to trust your gut instinct, and respect the instinct of others around you!

• I trust my gut senses!
  • I should but I don't
  • Didn't know such a thing existed
    Vote C
15 d ago
Correction, there was more than one survivor. The survivors were sitting towards the back of the plane.
en.wikipedia.org/.../1977_Mississippi_CV-240_crash

Another interesting twist on gut instinct: "Billingsley said that she had dreamed of the plane crash and begged guitarist and founding member Allen Collins by telephone not to continue using the Convair"

1510

Most Helpful Guy

• I trust my gut feeling as it usually means my subconscious has picked up on something that my conscious mind needs longer to notice.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I have anxiety disorders my gut is a cunt that's always freaking the fuck out.

• 15 d ago

ok, that's your mind messing up your gut. I bet your gut sense is good. Your mind gonna need some healing from whatever events troubled you in childhood... e. g. what's the anxiety about? can you remember earliest memories and having a sense about something? go back there if you can.

• 15 d ago

I'm sorry to hear that. That's typical that people block memories of trauma, pain, we don't know how to process that. We are supposed to be loved and supported at that age. I think you'd be surprised once those issues are cleared up and resolved, your spirit is free and everything works.

• 15 d ago

My issues are not going to be cleared up, I just have to learn how to live the best life I can with them there. I don't find it sad as it has made me who I am today. Of course the situation itself is horrific and I'd change it if I could but there is no point wishing for the impossible when there are so many possible things to wish for.