Do you trust your gut instincts?

I got into "Sweet Home Alabama" recently, I just get on a kick sometimes with songs, learning to play them... and was touched by the story behind the band.
A plane carrying most of the band crashed in October 1977. The backup vocalist, Cassie Gaines did not want to board the plane due to the plane having an engine fire in prior days. She booked a commercial flight. The band, including her husband and lead singer, coaxed her to fly on the plane and she did.

The Convair C-240 went down killing everyone except Billy Powell. Cassie Gaines survived the crash but bled to death from deep lacerations prior to being rescued. The plane crashed due to inadequate fuel. The pilots realized the issue and tried to emergency land.

In honor of the band, here's the song. But I say to you, a "gut instinct" is a real thing. I wont' explain it now how I think it works, but you have gifts greater than you may have realized, to have foresight, intiution, vision. Develop and learn to trust your gut instinct, and respect the instinct of others around you!

• I trust my gut senses!
    Vote A
  • I should but I don't
    Vote B
  • Didn't know such a thing existed
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
15 d ago
Correction, there was more than one survivor. The survivors were sitting towards the back of the plane.
en.wikipedia.org/.../1977_Mississippi_CV-240_crash

Another interesting twist on gut instinct: "Billingsley said that she had dreamed of the plane crash and begged guitarist and founding member Allen Collins by telephone not to continue using the Convair"

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I trust my gut feeling as it usually means my subconscious has picked up on something that my conscious mind needs longer to notice.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I have anxiety disorders my gut is a cunt that's always freaking the fuck out.

0|1
    0|0
    • 15 d ago

ok, that's your mind messing up your gut. I bet your gut sense is good. Your mind gonna need some healing from whatever events troubled you in childhood... e. g. what's the anxiety about? can you remember earliest memories and having a sense about something? go back there if you can.

• Show All
    • 15 d ago

I'm sorry to hear that. That's typical that people block memories of trauma, pain, we don't know how to process that. We are supposed to be loved and supported at that age. I think you'd be surprised once those issues are cleared up and resolved, your spirit is free and everything works.

• 15 d ago

My issues are not going to be cleared up, I just have to learn how to live the best life I can with them there. I don't find it sad as it has made me who I am today. Of course the situation itself is horrific and I'd change it if I could but there is no point wishing for the impossible when there are so many possible things to wish for.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No... But I trust my brain instincts!

0|1
    0|0
  • hey and ooo, i trust my dantian recognise have brain ego chats about it and yes can still ignore it... to my detriment... but hey im learning... id love to chat re this by pm but thats upto you as im newbie... xx

0|1
    0|0
    • 15 d ago

no time, I only chat after I get some experience online with someone.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

ok i thank you for your response, all i ask for my own self... im asking for your help... i know you can help me... for my own self im asking for a chance to converse via pm... again... for me im usually like you describe yourself... but lately after lifetime of thinking this is harsh... this is a whole new realm for me... and frankly i need help... xx

• 7 d ago

follow sent. I think what throws me a bit is your picture and writing. Your writing is so... right brain, seems little left brain. So have you taken a trauma to your logic, intellect? I don't have a lot of context for where you are coming from... are you caught up in some "cult" trap and not sure how to get out?

• Always. The Holy Spirit has never failed me. I am very intuned to the environment around me and the things people do and say. I can always sense something is wrong.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have it every once in a while, like an uneasy feeling and later found out something bad did happen. But then I always worry for people I love anyway. I just check on them to see of they are alright to clear up my worry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. It has gotten me to better places. Also gotten me into more than I need.
    Those are feelings. Perhaps, I need to work on reacting more logically.

0|1
    0|0
  • The "gut instinct" is your subconscious picking up on something and trying to warn you about it. However, the subconscious has less memory access than your conscious, and is more focused on pheremons, scent trails, and subtle hints. When going with your gut, the first thing to do is identify what's setting it off. If there is something weird or off about the current scenario that could be indicating something that's a problem... act on that instinct. However, if you notice that they're currently mopping the story with a lousy brand of floor cleaner, good chance it's a false alarm.

0|1
    0|0
  • My gut is always right but I wish I listened to it more

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah when I take a test I don't know about and stuff

0|1
    0|0
  • Always. It has helped me make wiser choices and protected me from potentially dangerous events and situations.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, everytime that I haven't trusted my gut feeling, something bad has happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, whenever I know.
    Otherwise when I don't know I just let it be as is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always trust my gut feeling.

0|1
    0|0
  • Actually I don't even know

0|1
    0|0
  • I absolutely trust my gut feeling 💯💯💯

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it hasn't steered me wrong yet.

0|1
    0|0
  • I definitely follow my gut instincts

0|1
    0|0
  • All the time. They are on the money.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, they are always right.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the situation really but I usually do

0|1
    0|0
  • No I don't

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • I had an experience like that. I had a feeling of dread over a trip for weeks beforehand. Wound up nearly ruining my life because I didn't pay heed.

0|1
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

Very Interesting. one wonders if the feeling ruined it, or not paying attention to the feeling. Either way though, that is your inner self calling out about something and worthy of paying notice. Many times smarter than our intellect!

• 8 d ago

No it was the unpleasant outcome that ruined it. As in a foreign jail. And losing the best job I ever had.

Recommended myTakes