Why do some people love drama?

Why are there people so dramatic?

Could it have something to do with their mental health issues ( like depression ) ?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There are far less people that love drama than those that love violent video games.

I don't think that you can make a general statement about people possibly having an issue with their mental health just as you cannot state that all those playing violent video games are potential murders.

It is a question of choice because in drama, there is usually a story behind the drama that some can relate with.

But it could also be because nowadays, the world in which we live is really closer to a drama than to a comedy like a Laurel & Hardy parody.

2|0
    0|1
    • 11 d ago

I see your point, also I feel you underestimate dramatic people , in order to get a guys attention my friend had a car race with cop car and begged him to bail her out of jail at 3 am.
      She went to the court and used the thing that she is on depression medicine. But seriously she could have killed someone by car racing

• 11 d ago

Actually I misunderstood your question as I was referring to drama in like a drama movie and not drama as in real life drama as you describe it. My bad

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes it is definitely related to mental issues.
    Sometimes they are seeking something within.
    Sometimes they were raised wrong.
    Sometimes they want good only for them.
    Sometimes they are only the correct person.
    They want simple and good life, but are too busy focussed on negative things that they forget to make time for good things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its your age and generation. Youth have always been more dramatic and the Millennial generation has been indulged so much by helicopter/bulldozer parents they are not used to being denied and thus "traumatized" when something doesn't go their way.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you don't have correct principles - you will attract drama due to having irregular thought patterns.

1|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

I agree with this a lot. Some people dont seek for dramas intentionally but it still happens , could be that reason

• Because they have massively low self-esteem. They need constant attention and validation. They are almost always high on the narcissism spectrum.

You should avoid those people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause it’s fun to watch people watch tv shows and sports for the drama. It’s fun from A far not when in it. I don’t stir it i just watch it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they want to redirect the attention back onto them.

0|0
    0|0
  • The same reason why people watch tv. Watching drama unfold is inherently fun. Plus for some people it makes their life more exciting.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s entertaining

2|0
    0|0
  • I am not one.. stay away

1|1
    0|0
  • Because their life is empty without it.

2|0
    0|0
  • For entertainment

2|0
    0|0
  • Mostly women you mean lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Not 'some people' - young girls. Like you. ;)

1|0
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Sometimes old girls. You should see my office! Full of 30-40 year old “women” who love trying to turn everything into theatrics.

• 10 d ago

@Nuiharime335 - well, I was giving them a pass... ;)

• They want attention

0|0
    0|0
  • I think cause drama is interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • They just attract it I guess and live it but don’t know why they do

0|0
    0|0
  • They have boring lives

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people need attention

2|0
    0|0
  • I have depression and drama is the last thing I need.

3|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

Ya sorry I have a really dramatic friend that blames everything on her depression so that's why I m wondering

• 11 d ago

Oh okay. Maybe it is but depression normally just makes you constantly tired.

Recommended myTakes