Should men be making laws about women’s bodies?

I feel like we should!
  • Yes men should
    Vote A
  • No men shouldn’t
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men only have equal say if they are given equal or greater responsibility. Biologically, men don't contribute equally to pregnancy. As per sperm donation, sperm is worth $100. As per egg donation, eggs are worth $5,000. As per surrogacy, pregnancy/childbearing is worth $50,000.

So a man contributes less than 1% of the value of pregnancy.

However, if men are legally obligated to contribute equal or greater value to pregnancy than women do, then men can have equal say.

The Bible obligates men to contribute equal value as women to pregnancy.
    Men are obligated to provide their families with shelter (Prov 19:14) and all necessities (Eph 5:28-29, Ex 21:10), and protect their wives and families at all costs, even with their lives if necessary (Eph 5:25, Neh 4:14).
    Also, a man is obligated to marry a woman with whom he has sex (Ex 22:16) so men are forced to take equal responsibility if a pregnancy happens.
    In this case, men have equal or greater responsibility as women, which would justify them having authority. If men aren't obligated to have equal or greater responsibility, then I see no reason why they should have a say.

0|0
    0|1
    • 8 d ago

You killing the baby right after it's born or something?
      Men contribute less? lolwut? They're on the hook for the next 18 years.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

But we have to make that much because your ovums just sit there waiting for some action while your immune system kills our sperm. Because women don’t have adequate function to differentiate between a sperm cell and pathogens

• 7 d ago

That has nothing to do with anything we are talking about

Most Helpful Guys

• The US is supposed to be a representative democracy, so, yes, that means that men will also be voting on issues regarding abortion and sexual health, among others, in addition to women. To suggest that women's voices aren't heard when women comprise over half the electorate would be absurd.

And, @mistixs, men are considered to have equal responsibility or they wouldn't be on the hook for child support that collects interest if not paid and can result in jail time.

If the sort of reasoning that only women

0|0
    0|0
  • do people not realize that there are women in congress? its not just men who makes these laws

1|2
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

No they don’t. We need to educate them.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If they're listening to expert of that field, it doesn't matter who makes the laws. No one should ever make laws without understanding the issue first, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am assuming this is about abortion. Do you know who the primary beneficiaries of abortion are? Irresponsible men. This helps explain why the % of men who support choice is roughly equal to the % of women who do, even though the women are the ones who deal with the trauma of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women's bodies are not their own. They are God's bodies which He expects them to use to fulfill His will.

0|0
    0|0
  • why is this even a question? lol of course not.

The same women should then if men should

0|0
    0|0
  • When I saw the link to this question I knew it was going to be posted by an anon.

#TrollFail

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as women keep circumcising little boys I dont see a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    1|1
    • 8 d ago

Why? Who else can of more men are politicians? Men are also smarter and more likely to understand the issue then women.

• 8 d ago

that’s probably some of the dumbest shit I’ve heard today

• 8 d ago

men will never understand a woman’s body better than an actual woman, y’all can THINK you can but you never will lmao. unless you have a vagina, a womb, a uterus then you never will.

• Lawmakers should be making laws.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men make laws about men's bodies.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men should pass laws that women aren't allowed to become fat. A woman who exceeds a certain weight, say 165 lb should be incarcerated and given a extra low calorie diet until she gets down to a reasonable weight.

0|0
    1|0
  • Not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn’t matter who’s making the fucking laws. If women want to make laws they should stop complaining and pursue politics🙄

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes