Beating myself up after my car got keyed. Has anyone felt like that?

I have a 98 Mustang GT which I bought 3 years a go. I've been living in my current apartment complex for 3 years and I've been parking my car regularly near my unit. Last week I noticed that I had a pretty long wave like scratch going from my hood onto my passenger side fender. The scratch went through the clear coat so there is nothing I can do except for repainting the affected body parts but then the paint would not match the rest of the car. Needless I am upset but this thing got me so much that I have been depressed ever since. The odd part is that I blame myself for it. Self loathing in the form of: Why did I not get a dash cam for this? I have probably pissed someone off but I do not know whom. I should have never bough such as nice car but just settled for a beat up car that I would not care about. I ma having immense anxiety about this. Has anyone felt like this?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• nope , but my mom siblings and i thought when we came out of the mall her car would be keyed , since the person thought we hit his car with the passenger side door , but it never happened

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s just a car! I can pretty much guarantee it’s not a personal attack to you... just your car in the wrong place at the wrong time! It’s a material thing! If it bothers you so much get it fixed!
    I think it’s a shame that you have so much pride over some metal?
    I reckon you’re the type of person that gets a new phone and doesn’t take the plastic but off the screen.
    Learn to enjoy your purchases and let them show a life like people do! We get wrinkles... cats get scratches! It’s a story to tell

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes