Should I tell my new boss that I am leaving for 3 weeks to see my mom or should I keep it a secret?

I think I might go with my brother in July to visit my mom but it would be a 3 week affair. What should I do? I just got hired 1week ago. I really don't want my brother to go alone. I also know I need the little bit of money but I don't know.

1|2

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• you need to go, and I'd inform him... I think. unless you suspect he will fire you. Again, I said say up front what you need, this is a need not some fun trip.
    In all seriousness, people do beg for money on the street, you can raise funds that way. get side job somewhere else if you have the time... taco bell, there should be jobs around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your employer will (rightfully) lose their minds if you just simply don't say anything and disappear for 3 weeks.

That's a good way to get fired. I certainly would fire somebody for doing that.

1|0
    0|0
  • i would fire you if you told me that. even in a corporate world people don't leave for 3 weeks.

1|0
    0|0
    • 1 d ago

good for me then I am not some sheep. I live for my self and for my loved ones.

• 1 d ago

you don't have to be a sheep. you have to be realistic. one of the top reasons for firing people is because they go on vacation right when they are hired.

• 1 d ago

Yolo it’s not a serious job

• If you have only been there a week I wouldn't be asking for 3 weeks off already. That may put an end to your new job.

1|0
    0|0
  • Before Getting Hired or even when Hired... You should PUT IN FOR THIS... DON"T GET HIM PISSED. TELL HIM NOW. xxoo

1|0
    0|0
  • If your boss is nice try explaining to him your situation if not than I guess just leave and hope for the best

1|0
    0|0
  • Ofc u should tell ur boss. Try to explain y u have to leave. They should understand u

1|0
    0|0
  • Better tell them ASAP so they can plan for it

1|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

I want go to see my mom but I know I might get fired if I do.

• Tell yout boss

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes