2 d

Was I just as bad for not defending someone getting abused?

My step-sister was the Cinderella in the story. The only difference is there was no ball, we called her by her real name and she's been living on her own ever since getting a scholarship. She's always been smart to the point that she started college at age 16. I'm truly happy for her.

Both my mother and younger sister (only by 1 year though) treated her garbage. I never joined the insults and always thought of her like a sister, sometimes I would let her borrow my clothes. However, I feel bad for the times I just stood there and did nothing but wait for them to stop and then talk to her afterwards.

My step-sister only allows me to visit her. She is hurt and resentful towards my mother and sister. They haven't shown any remorse so that makes sense. She doesn't blame me but I always feel guilty. I used to be scared of going against my mother and sister. Was I still just as bad though?
2
0