5 d

Is it safe to hide on your balcony in a robbery/break in?

I am a 19 year old female and I live with my parents and 2 sisters in a 2 story house in the suburbs. A lot homes in the area have experienced break ins, though usually specific homes are targeted and the residents aren't home when it happens. But I've been on edge lately and on several occasions tough men, usually on their own, have rung the doorbell when I'm home alone. I get worried that the house is going to be broken into, which has been a giant fear of mine since childhood. The rooms in the house are very small, have shallow closets, no space to hide under beds, my mom locks many of the rooms so I wouldn't have access to them but my own, etc. Pretty much, there's no where to hide if someone were to break in. The house does however have a enclosed balcony which you can't see if anyone is on because the fences around are made of wood or something and completely enclose the area. It is possible to hide in the corners of the area against the wall, and sitting on the ground and remain out of site. Is this a viable option? Please only serious answers because I do have a sense of humor but I'm actually very concerned about this :(
5 d
i live in Canada so getting a gun is not an option and the only way out of my house is from the main floor because there aren't any trees directly around my house to climb down on and the roof is steep
4
1