8 d

I'm borderline to old to be emo, is there any subcultures that are similar and more "adult"? Is it "adult" if I stay emo and tone it down?

I recently turned 18 and I don't think I should be emo emo past 19 really. I still really fucking LOVE the music, the style and basically everything about it. It still makes me really fucking happy after 5 years of doing it. I don't want to stop it but I kinda have to in a year.
I don't know if it's still passable if I look more new emo or vaguely emo and listen to the more mature emo bands? or if I look more toned down scene? Is there metal types that are pretty similar? or goth types?

Also when I mean that I'm emo, I'm not talking rebel teen that cuts and all. Just some girl that dresses like it, likes the music, exc...
5
0