10 d

Can my credit union make an unauthorized withdrawal without my permission?

I have been using my credit card a bit more but I've been making the minimum payments. I got a text from my credit union telling me my direct deposit hit and 2 minutes later I get a text saying that $957.00 was withdrawn from my account. I logged in and looked and see that it was put towards my credit card. It left me with less than half of my rent. I called my credit union and was told that they do not have to give it back to me because it's their money. I was telling them that I'm about to be homeless if I can't pay my rent and I don't even have money to pay my other bills. The man said he's sorry but that's their money from my credit card usage. How the fuck is that even allowed? He only gave me $383.30 back after I agreed to let them take it out next Month, but now all I have is my rent and nothing else! I sent the money to my Wells Fargo account in case they tried to steal more money from me. Was it legal what they did?
10 d
I called Navy Federal again and I asked why they did that and they said that credit unions are much more flexible and able to do that if they feel like I won't make a payment. Km not mad anymore, just upset that they never gave me the chance to call and say hey I won't be able to make a payment next month. Which I won't because of the holidays. Whatever though. I just cut up the credit card. I don't want them having control of my funds like that. I'm switching my direct deposit to another bank.
7
7