26 d

Do you carry a pocket knife with you wherever you go?

I have carried this knife for the past twenty years!
I grew up in a blue collar family. When I was a young boy, receiving my first pocket knife was a rite of passage. It meant that I was trusted and also that I was expected to start becoming competent and useful to myself and others. I have carried a pocket knife since I was a child. In those days, having a pocket knife at school was not a crime and it was even expected of us.

I now work in a professional position and many of my colleagues do not share my blue collar background. I sometimes get called a "redneck" because I carry a pocket knife on me, but I don't pay much attention to others who call me names. However, there are times when a pocket knife has been very handy and I have been glad that I had it in my possession.

Do you carry a pocket knife?
Yes, unless I am at home, I always carry a pocket knife on me. It's a habit.
I always carry a pocket knife unless I am travelling and need to pass through security checks.
I always carry a pocket knife unless I am dressed for a formal or semi-formal occasion.
Vote C
I don't carry a pocket knife on my person but I always have one in my car.
Vote D
I only carry a pocket knife when I specifically anticipate the need for one.
Vote E
I would never carry a pocket knife because it's a weapon.
Vote F
I don't see the usefulness of a pocket knife or I don't own a pocket knife.
Vote G
GirlGuy
25 d
Most men who carry a pocket knife carry it because it is a useful tool, not because it could be used as a weapon. I have never had the occasion to rely on my pocket knife a a defensive weapon and I don't know of anyone who has ever had that experience. If it is considered as a defensive weapon, it is not a strong weapon to have. If it is considered as an offensive weapon, it is an even weaker weapon. If it is considered as a tool, it is very handy.
32
94