23 d

Do you put out bird feeders? What kinds of birds do you get? Which ones do you like the most?

22 d
My wife and I live in a rural area, not in the mountains. We have three hummingbird feeders. Sometimes there are a lot of hummingbirds. But there is often one that my wife calls "the bully" that tries to guard the feeders and chase others away. We overcome that by having feeders on both the front and back porches so that he can't watch them all at once.

22 d
We have two bird feeders - one in the front yard and one in the back - that we fill with sunflower seeds. Each one can accommodate several birds at once.

There are a wide variety of birds in our area. Turkeys and quail come in our yard. We have woodpeckers and owls. Red-tailed hawks and turkey vultures are ubiquitous. There are too many other birds to mention. But some that visit our feeders are various finch and sparrow-types, towhees, lazuli buntings, blue jays, doves, (cont.)
1
7