1 mo

Sexist photo tradition of my school for girls?

I'm currently studying abroad in an Asian country. School I'm enrolled has this traditional photo shoots which everyone is obligated to attend. What's bothering me a lot about this photo tradition is that in the photos, girls forced to sit in front of boys with their feet are exposed and they don't get to wear any shoes while boys are wearing theirs.
I personally hate being seen barefooted and having a picture of me like this is horrifying me. And I’m hearing rumors about if a girl refuses to attend this photo shoot, then she gets further embarrassing punishments by students afterwards.
Am I making this a big deal? How’d you think being in a photo like that? What should I do?
Sexist photo tradition of my school for girls?Sexist photo tradition of my school for girls?Sexist photo tradition of my school for girls?Sexist photo tradition of my school for girls?
9
3