3 d

If a pitbull gets attacked by another bigger dog but he/she fights back, who is at fault?

Anonymous
Both my friend's pitbull (a female) and the other loose dog got taken to the VET. The other dog (without a lease) charged without provocation and attacked first, taking her by surprise, drawing blood. She recovered fast and put up a good fight, hurting the other dog in the process too.

The fight was stopped before she had a chance to beat the hell out of the attacking dog. The other dog picked a fight it couldn't win. Even though the other dog won't be euthanized and all witnesses support my friend (they all said the same thing, that the other dog started the fight) the owner is trying to pursue for damages and is upset that he has to pay VET bills. He still wants to file a lawsuit and is insisting that since it's a pitbull, she needs to be removed for what she did to his dog. Who is at fault?
3 d
Neither of the witnesses are supporting the guy. They all saw the other dog went for the fight and bit first. The only difference is it chose a fight that it couldn't win. My friend's dog reacted like any dog would have if it gets attacked unprovocated and bloodied.
2
0