1 mo

Did I go too far in my revenge/not far enough?

Anonymous
Lyft deactivated me because a passenger complained I was making sexual advances. I have dash cam footage proving my innocence. Lyft refused to view the footage and upheld my deactivation. I took Lyft to court. Litigation is still ongoing, but the evidence is overwhelmingly in my favor and the judge is pissed at Lyft and their attorney. I sued both Lyft and the passenger making up the false allegations. I also prosecuted the passenger in criminal court. I am suing Lyft for $100,000 in emotional damages, lost wages, attorney fees and enabling criminal activity. I am suing the passenger for $20,000 for emotional damages, lost wages and am seeking criminal convictions for willful and unlawfully inaccurate statements, harassment and stalking (she obtained my real phone number and kept making unwelcome calls). For the civil side, the settlement I am offering for Lyft is $50,000, a written apology and a guarantee that the passenger will be banned from Lyft for life. The settlement I am willing to take from the passenger is a ban from ALL rideshare apps (Lyft, Uber and any equivalents that may come up). I am still pursuing the criminal charges. I already went to the passenger's place of employment (an IT firm). I showed them the dash cam footage and phone records proving I NEVER contacted her outside the ride, never made any inappropriate comments and stayed professional the whole time. I also warned them that, should they keep her as an employee, I WILL leak her activity to the public and warn ALL their competitors of the type of people they hire. Her company said that, if everything I showed them is true, she WILL lose her job. Being banned from Lyft might not seem like a big deal, but I am trying to become a cop and do not need these accusations against me. Given what she cost me and could have cost me, I think wrecking her life where I can is only fair.
I took a reasonable measure
I went too hard and should let up
I should not stop here.
Vote C
GirlGuy
1 mo
I posted this on reddit and have gotten mixed responses. To clarify, the showing up to her work part was a knee-jerk reaction and only done AFTER she showed up to my other workplace, which was AFTER this accusation went down.
1
1