Guys.. would you be too scared to admit you still have feelings?

I really need some advice on what to do right now. The past year I've had feelings for this guy and the worst part about it all is that I don't know if we will ever get to have a relationship. When everything all started between us we talking about it all the time but it was just at that time we both were freshman in college and were making sure that school was our top priority. When we left school for the summer I think we were both confused on how we felt anymore and I really was going to try my best and just let my feelings fade away because it was pointless having them anymore. A month went by and I was really starting to be OK again and then he texted me one day and we just started talking everyday again and talking about school coming up again and all of my feelings came flooding back. When we got back to school I was so happy to see him but I knew that it would be best if we didn't talk for a while because of some things I was going through but I realized I was wrong and after we talked about it things changed in a good way. He wanted to hang out all the time and by hang out I mean lay in my bed and cuddle and be close. Well I messed it all up because a couple days ago I told him that I was scared he was going to forget about me and he just said these next few weeks he is going to be really busy and won't have much time to hang out. I just can't figure out if he still has feelings for me or not. A part of me feels like he has to. We have been doing this for a year now and if he didn't like me anymore then we wouldn't even talk anymore. He knows I still have feelings for him and when I tell him that it sucks because he doesn't he doesn't really respond to it. Does that mean he really doesn't or could he be too scared to admit he still does.? There are just certain things that he has said in the past and even said here recently and does when we are together that just make me think that he has to have some feelings. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't give up on this because I want it so bad but I just don't know what else to do. Help please!

01