How does jealousy affect your day to day life?

I've been jealous of my friend. she's so cool and beautiful. I love her personality and her laughter. I told her I liked her. But that didn't go well. It went OK. The thing is, now I find myself being jealous of every guy that gets near her. I try so hard to not be jealous. But I can't help it. Now she's pushing me away. I think because she doesn't want to give me the impression that she likes me. And the pushing away kills me. To deal with my jealousy, I'm trying to hook up with a chick that always liked me. I hope I fall head over heals for this new chick. So I can forget about my friend. Right now I'm finding myself not caring about my friend. I mean I find myself not liking her as much. She's a waist of time. I'll be there for her. But I think I'm getting over her. So how does your jealousy affect your day to day life.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It is never good to be too infatuated with a female friend. A guy has to have a dating life of his own. If after a longer period of time where you see your friend less, you finally are together with her again and both of you are single and not seeing other people, then tell her how you feel. Expect her to reject you. If she doesn't, you can be pleasantly surprised. In the mean time, you don't stop talking with other girls, that way you have a backup option that helps you deal with the jealousy just in case she doesn't want more than friendship.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm just going to add you need to find closure. It might mean distancing yourself or even concentrating on her flaws. Totally know how it feels. For as long as you're near her, you'll never move on. You just have to accept no hope. There are times when people do like each other, but often they're at different points in the timeline - by then it's too late.

• I'm trying to to talk less to her. I notice that there are so many chicks that look at me and flirt. but I always denied them kus I wanted my friend. But now I realize that I should do something to about the way I feel for her

I try to leave her alone. buy she gets annoyed if I don't talk to her. We are friends since we were 14 an I was 15. she's used to leaning on my shoulder for support. it'll b tough to lose this feeling towards her if she comes to me wen she's sad mad or anxious. thnx

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes