We all get this... but why?

I was watching a TV commercial for a movie that looks really cool and while I was watching it I got goosebumps, tingles, pin pricks on my skin when I was watching a really cool part. Have you ever noticed this while watching somebody or hearing something? Why does our body do this? And how?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Happens to me too but mostly when there's some badass sh*t going on in the movie.

Sometimes it also happens when something really romantic happens(I've been in love, I can totally relate).

And of course, it happens with music. Not many songs do that to me tho.

I was gonna try to explain why it happens, but hoodrats beat me to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The pleasure experience is driven by the chemical dopamine, which produces physical effects known as "chills" that cause changes in the skin's electrical conductance, heart rate, breathing and temperature. The responses correlate with the degree to which people rate the "pleasurability" of music.

The new research has shown that dopamine release was greatest when listeners had a strong emotional response to music. "If music-induced emotional states can lead to dopamine release, as our findings indicate, it may begin to explain why musical experiences are so valued,” wrote the scientists

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes