Do you believe kids nowadays are more spoiled now then before?

I believe they are 100%, I see kids all the time getting things, not because they want it but because they can. I have an 11 year old brother who just called me, bragging about his IPhone 5. I don' t mind that he has one, heck I'm not much of a cell phone person I (keep one) for emergencies. But WTF when I was that age I never wanted a phone, wanted toys. What pisses me off his our mother & my stepfather spoil him, then hit me and my older sister up for money. So do you believe kids are spoiled.
  • Yes kids are more spoiled today
    Vote A
  • No its about the same as it was.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ohhhh yes! Much more spoiled! It's actually kind of scary!

Sorry if this is off topic, but I feel it has to do with kids being so spoiled nowadays.

This 'kindler, gentler' society we live in is ridiculous. And people wonder why there is so much bullying - some ending in suicides.. Kids are not tough anymore!

A fight used to put the picky kids back in their places, these days you are forced to talk it out if you search for help. I know from experience that talking it out does not help. It makes you seem 'wimpy' because you had to go for help. Which in tern makes bullying worse.

If you were raised to kick the sh*t out of anyone picking on you then maybe they'd think twice about messing with you the next time around.

Back on topic, I know so many teens and kids who are just allowed to sit on their butts and play video games, watch t.v., movies, etc. I was not allowed video games as a kid, and I am now thankful for that. I'd get sent outside to play where there was interaction with other kids and animals (dogs, cats, etc). Those social interactions are important for the development of children who will be useful later in society.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• yes, my moms friend bought her 8 and 9 year old sons cellphones last Christmas and the youngest freaked out cause he got a nokia and not the sony ericson he wanted and he said everyone in his class had a sony ericson he could go to school with a nokia, well parents creates the monsters

0|1
    0|0
    • Spoiled brats lol. I have a 20 dollar flip phone that works just as good lol.

• her kids would cry their eyes out if they got that haha

• Kids need a kick in the ass ha ha ha.

• To an extent, yes. With kids getting cell phones at such young ages and being constantly glued to their DS or whatever is out these days, I think so.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm thinking about getting the Play Station Vita.

• its not the material things its the lack of respect taught at home.

but unless your in high school or taking bus back forth you don't need a phone. 11 is too young. and I would ONLY allow my kid to have a phone when they go to school alone when they come home, no phone. now at 15+ then they can keep their phone as long as they are responsible

but yes most kids are spoiled

0|1
    0|0
  • Cellphones to kids now are like toys to us though I guess.

But I agree. They are spoilt. Even small things; I work at the movies and as everyone knows it overpriced as hell. Parents wil ask for a popcorn and when they hear the price say no thanks witch is understandable but what pisses me off is 1/2 the time this happens the kids scream about it and the parents end up giving it to them.

0|0
    0|0
    • When I go to the movies I stop off at a dollar store and pick up candy there, I usually just share popcorn with someone.

• As long as you don't throw a tantrum to get your parents to buy it that's fine by me :)

• no its not any worst than it was a few years ago back in the 90's it was just as bad .

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, I know I was (only child for 11 years). Luckily although I'm selfish, I didn't turn out to be an ungrateful brat. My mom has issues with my little sister. My sister wants what other people and can be a spoiled brat. She got pissed that for my birthday I got some white t-shirts and two white hoodies(wanted to design some clothes with paint). When she had gotten a nabi(tablet for kids but can do everything an ipad can) only a few months earlier for her birthday.

P.S she's 7

Now that I'm the oldest I'm used to not getting anything anymore, and it's not an issue. It pisses me off when I get sh*t from a 7 year old for getting anything at all...Difference between me and my sister is I take care of the stuff I got while I was an only child. I have pretty much all my video games and toys from up to 17 years ago.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't get my first laptop until I was 23, and just bought my Nook Tablet this past Feb at the age of 26 lol. I have two cousins who were spoiled when they were young, mostly from their uncle on their mothers side. My older cousin who's male would always get the coolest toys, video games etc. He's now 21 so he's not spoiled anymore lol.

• lol I got my first laptop when I was 14 maybe? I got a glitchy ipod when I was 16. the newest thing I have is probably my ps3 I got 3 years ago? Nowadays if I want video games or something I save up my money and buy it myself.

My sister is the first grandchild on her side so between her parents and her family she gets everything she wants, despite what she thinks. lol

• Well to be fair you are almost 10 years younger then me lol.

• Yes! My niece gets everything shr wants she's a brat.

0|1
    0|0
    • How old is she? Is she like really young like 5 or more like 15? If she was like 5 I wouldn't worry but older then 10 well that's another story.

• no, I just think you're around spoiled kids

do they exist? yes

but are all kids spoiled? no

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree not all I spoiled, but take my little brother I don't have a car so every Saturday my sister, brother and I go out. For some unknown reason my sister keeps giving in every time he wants something. I just say no.

Recommended myTakes