Do you believe kids nowadays are more spoiled now then before?

I believe they are 100%, I see kids all the time getting things, not because they want it but because they can. I have an 11 year old brother who just called me, bragging about his IPhone 5. I don' t mind that he has one, heck I'm not much of a cell phone person I (keep one) for emergencies. But WTF when I was that age I never wanted a phone, wanted toys. What pisses me off his our mother & my stepfather spoil him, then hit me and my older sister up for money. So do you believe kids are spoiled.
  • Yes kids are more spoiled today
  • No its about the same as it was.

63

Most Helpful Girl

• Ohhhh yes! Much more spoiled! It's actually kind of scary!

Sorry if this is off topic, but I feel it has to do with kids being so spoiled nowadays.

This 'kindler, gentler' society we live in is ridiculous. And people wonder why there is so much bullying - some ending in suicides.. Kids are not tough anymore!

A fight used to put the picky kids back in their places, these days you are forced to talk it out if you search for help. I know from experience that talking it out does not help. It makes you seem 'wimpy' because you had to go for help. Which in tern makes bullying worse.

If you were raised to kick the sh*t out of anyone picking on you then maybe they'd think twice about messing with you the next time around.

Back on topic, I know so many teens and kids who are just allowed to sit on their butts and play video games, watch t.v., movies, etc. I was not allowed video games as a kid, and I am now thankful for that. I'd get sent outside to play where there was interaction with other kids and animals (dogs, cats, etc). Those social interactions are important for the development of children who will be useful later in society.