Do you believe in a soul mate?

Problems with predestination or the sheer mathematical implications aside, do you believe in there being 'the one' out there somewhere (maybe already at your side)?
  • Yes soul mates are a thing.
    Vote A
  • Something kind of like it exists.
    Vote B
  • Nope, ain't no thang.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like fully committing to the idea, but I like it. I think there can be more than one person out there who can be good for everyone. If I did find a special someone, got married, ended up divorcing, or lost my spouse to death or something, I'd be open to loving again. Just because bad things happen sometimes doesn't mean I should not allow myself to love or be loved by someone again. If people truly believed in "the one" then they'd never date again after their first lame teenage break-up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes, I do believe in soul mates.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that there are many people who are compatible and right for us.

Though I believe a "soul-mate" is the person you fell the deepest and most in love with, I do not believe we were "meant" to be with that person. Sometimes things don't work out as planned.

Maybe in the next life we'll end up being with that "one" if we aren't lucky enough to be already.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe something kind of like it exists, but maybe not in a one person only kind of sense. Love exists where you make it, so if you really want someone I think you can just about make it work with anyone - it just depends how much you are prepared to sacrifice or negotiate the relationship. If you arent' prepared for that then its not love

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think there is 'the one' but there are reasons that you may be strongly attached to a certain individual. As well I do believe that somethings just happen for an unexplainable reason, just one of those things that as humans we're not supposed to understand.

0|1
    0|0
  • After being enaged to a douchebag who ended it 9 weeks before the wedding...I'm going with no.

I do think that we fall deeply in love with people and from that they become our 'Soulmate'

I haven't met him yet if I do have one...just saying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that one can bond deeply and have great love and affection for another (my parents were that way) but I do not believe there is only one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I chose B.

There's no perfection, there's no match made in heaven. It's something you work at. But two people can be deeply in love and willing to work on their relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose B. I don't believe that there is one person out there for everyone so much as there are a multitude of people that one could be compatible with.

0|0
    0|0
  • something like it. You can find love anywhere but I think once we have already fallen in love with someone they then become our soul-mate and we regard them as such.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Superstitious nonsense. There is compatibility based on personality but no two people are ever destined for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have not seen any evidence there is such a thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • yes. and I found mine!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes:) and I'm patiently waiting

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, though you may not always find this person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to, not anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Not likely, but possibly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in soulmates, but the way I think of soulmates isn't probably what most people think. I think that two people can have their souls can connect in a very deep way. But I don't think that these two souls were predestined to meet, and that there is only one possible match for a person. Once in awhile two people meet and the timing is perfect, and it is as though their two souls become one. The bond is hard to explain and everything about their lives up to the moment they met feels as though they were meant to be. They complement each other harmoniously.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you get to choose your mate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to for sure, but haven't in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure I believe that there is only one perfect soul mate. If so, that sucks because I already had that feeling with one guy and he left me for someone else.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes