Why are we mean to someone we like a lot?

I'm sure not all of you are like that (thank god!) but I've noticed that I used to be mean to guys that I went crazy for.

like when he asked me when he'd see me again I'd say "probably sometime in the next 5 years". or I'd say stuff like "Spanish guys kiss better than you ;P"maybe to hurt him or his eg? I really i don't know why I did these stupid things because I really liked him. thank god I hardly ever do it anymore.

does anyone have an explanation for this stupid behavior ? and how many of you have done this before?
*his ego

1015

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how your'e saying it. 90% of communication isn't just the words but your body language and your tone of voice. Sounds like you're just being playful to me.