Anyone with a good acquaintance on PC Compuer components?

This is a quite different question beside the rest.. But I just don't know where else to turn to with it..

I'd like to buy a better processor for my PC

and I just found a used one on the internet:

"Intel Core i7 980 X EXTREME 3,33GHZ"

The guy tells that he has the "old" guaranty, with the box included, and the voucher.

If I end up buying it, what should I look for?

Where should I be careful?
  • The price tells "fake"
  • It could be OEM (Original Equipment Manufacurer)
  • It is OEM!
    Vote C
  • Other:
    Vote D
Sorry! The price is: $600

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't give a price, condition he says it's in, or anything like that.

Firstly you should know that his processor has probavly been beat to sh*t. Nobody gets a gaming processor to use for light work. It's probably been over clocked and run under heavy loads from the moment he took it out of the box. Very risky buying it used because even if he's got a warranty, changing it in any way that doesn't involve simple settings voids the warranty (ie, overclocking).

You'd be much safer to buy new. You will guarantee that it's not jacked up and you can research if your motherboard supports it in the first place.

My vote is stay away from it.