Animals are so cute but why do some guys don't like them?

I love animals,especially the fluffy ones like dogs,cats,guinea pigs,koala bears,pandas and ducklings.And piglets are so cute!How I wish I can have an animal farm!

But I don't understand why some guys don't like them and only think that they are dirty,unhygienic and spread diseases. :( :(:(
Updates:
Thanks beforehand for all inputs.The best answer would be selected.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well because some of them DO spread diseases and such. Places like India for example, they have disease-infested stray dogs walking around in the streets, and they attack people. many of these dogs have rabies so when they attack people, they spread that disease. If the animals you've been around with were clean and healthy, or lived in their habitats instead of infesting streets and people's living areas, then there is obviously no reason to not like them/be facinated with them. I love animals too and not just the furry ones, I love amphibians, insects and reptiles too. But there are some animals I don't like because they spread diseases and/or parasites. For example, rodents especially rats and mice. Animals may be cute, but sometimes being just cute isn't enough to love them. If they are harmful, (eg. snakes in some African countries whom interfere with people's lives and bring death to many) or if you've had a bad/scary experience with any, you would grow to hate/be fearful of them.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• BECAUSE animals are cute, and all of the feminine things you just named off, which threatens their sense of masculinity, because they obviously aren't comfortable with it.

That, or like anon said, they're allergic, but you can't be allergic to all animals... at least I don't think so.

1|0
    0|0
    • Feminine things that I jut named off?Did I?

• Fluffy, cute. Those distinct, unmanly ideas.

• I don't think she meant 'guys' as in males. I think the 'guys' in this context was referring to both males and females.

• umm... I don't hate them I also find them cute lol I wish I have a labrador pup ^_^

link

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate animals, but I know I'm not the type to have pets.

I think it's because I have so many younger siblings, that my family has never really been into pets that much.

Prolly just the way I was brought up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like animals, but I'm allergic to many, for one, which could appear to be that I don't like animals. I want to make sure they're safe, first, and I try to let them get used to me, first. I don't come in yelling and cooing and grabbing at them, talking baby talk etc. I try to know some of the psychology behind different animals.

I'm pretty good with some animals (probably because I don't go crazy every time I see one). I had a friend with a little dog who would always bark at guests coming to the door. She's had the dog for a year at that point; She'd yell at her dog about incessant barking; he'd ignore her and continue barking. Every time I told him to be quiet, however, he'd instantly stop.

Living with certain animals, you eventually get their little quirks, and they start understanding yours. Then it's fun when they can understand you and you can understand them a bit more.

1|0
    0|0
  • I know some women who don't like them either...mink coats for instance are made from the animal, the mink.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's more about how they were brought up...whether they come from pet-friendly families or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • thats false...i am a owner of 2 dogs,a pair of hamster,parrots...and I love them...

0|0
    0|0
  • Because guys are gross

0|0
    0|0
  • I like animals, but I'm severely allergic to dogs and cats.

1|0
    0|0
  • I come from a pet friendly family and I loved cats up tell a few years ago when I realized I've been the one taking care of them more than the rest of the family. I hate the feeling of being used and when it comes to pets I feel used more than most other things.

so for ME it's not that I don't like pet's I don't like what comes with them when it comes to waking up 3AM to a cat balling for something and no one else "can hear them" and having to get out of bed to see what they want.

so I don't like pet's because I'm the one that does most of the work and get very little in return. I have a fear of dogs and they are even more work than cats.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love cattle, pigs and chickens. They are delicious.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes