Is going to Florida on my own really a bad idea

I'm 22 years old, and my family and their friends are concerned about me going off to Florida by myself for the first time in my life. I keep hearing about the bad things that could happen to me, but I am going to see my girlfriend who lives in Florida and she really wants me to come. I do want to come to see her also, but now I keep thinking what if something does happen to me and it scares me that I'm considering canceling my trip and I'm supposed to leave tommorow morning what do I do?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• I lived in FL my whole life and I can tell you for a fact that nothing major will happen to you as long as you stay away from dangerous places. I lived In Orlando and that city is pretty bad but I think if you use common sense and you don't look for trouble then you will be okay. FYI: IF YOU ARE DRIVING BE VERY CAREFUL BECAUSE PEOPLE IN FL LIKE TO SPEED.

• I'm using Greyhound to get there and I'm gonna avoid Miami and Orlando, those places are dangerous, I'm going to Cape Coral Florida.