Difference between the cold and flu?

When I think of the flu, I think of awful symptoms like food poisoning- so achey that you can't get comfortable, really horrible temperature etc.

But I just read that the difference between a cold and the flu is that with the flu you get achey.

Well, I've had a mild sore throat (mild as in it didn't hurt to swallow) and have been feeling mildly achey (just as if I've been doing more physical work than usual). My neck glands are sore, but only when pressed. Could this be mild flu then? Is that even possible?

FYI, I'm not worried. Just curious lol.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• The cold is when your body overreacts to the weak cold virus. Nothing to worry about.

The flu is LIFE THREATENING sometimes. Chances are you've just got the cold. The symptoms described sounds so.