How do you forgive someone who has wronged you?

What if they hurt you and they don't think they did anything wrong?

20

20
  • I had a situation like this happen to me a few years ago. My best friend ended up dating my ex, and didn't even have the care to talk to me about it. She just dated him and when I found out she was really in my face about the whole thing. She went around to everyone and said she didn't care about how I felt, because she was incredibly happy, and she was all that mattered.

She just became really arrogant, and just a terrible person. I ended the friendship and she just continued on this downward spiral.

I did eventually forgive her, but only after she actually sincerely apologized. I wanted to know that she was actually sorry and was valuing our friendship. Because it just seemed like she did this because she felt my feelings didn't matter at all.

Of course if the situation was reversed, she would have been incredibly hurt and upset and handled things a lot worse than I did.

I think for forgiveness to happen, you have to be ready. The initial shock and anger and actually begin to process the situation you can start to forgive. You really will be able to know when you can put things in the past and move forward.

Forgiveness doesn't mean that you excuse what that person did. It just means that you are letting go of the anger and that you have stopped dwelling upon the situation and are ready to move on.

You don't have to remain friends with this person, but just stopping what they did from affecting you is what forgiveness is about.

Forgive for yourself, not for them. They have to deal with their own personal demons caused by their own actions. My friend to this day still beats herself up and feels incredibly guilty about what she did. But I am totally over it!

• , if you love this person than its OK to forgive them got doing wrong but never forgetwhat they gave done to you. You should make it known that what they've done to you really was hurtful to but you but holding it over their head is something you shouldn't do.nobody likes to be reminded of their wrong doings.forgive them but don't let it happen again...people treat you how you allow them to treat you.Don't be a push over!