Do ugly/plain girls need to dress up more than pretty girls?

These days I noticed how my mother is trying to buy me all these fancy clothes...thing is a few years ago, she never bothered to buy me clothes and told me I didn't need clothes. I've changed a lot physically - weight is still the same, but my face looks older.

do you think average girls tend to dress up more/spend more time buying clothes than "pretty" girls?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What's your weight have to do with your face, unless you're overweight? All girls (and guys) should dress to the best of their ability to maximize their attractiveness. The pretty folks are going to have more to work with to begin with, but it doesn't mean that the plainer types shouldn't try either. Average isn't so bad, as long as you don't mind having an average man and think you deserve a hottie, if you aren't hot yourself. Being realistic is what matters most.

1|0
    0|0
    • i didn't say my weight effected the appearance of my face, it's just that my face looks "older" now since I've turned 23, whereas when I was 19, I looked MUCH better.

• Show All
    • Gotcha. Looking older is part of getting older. It affects everyone.

• makes sense

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, I think that it depends on the girls personality if they dress up more/spend more time buying clothes, not on how pretty they are. I can't really say for you looks, but I do notice girls more if they dress up and dress well in a way that fits them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say that more attention needs to be paid to your looks, but not a lot more. Just make sure you look good at all times, and that confidence boost will radiate off of you! :-D

0|0
    0|0
  • No, ugly/plain girls need to realize they are not ugly or plain, & love themselves.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think it really depends on the personality of the girl. I myself who most guys have called me beautiful like to dress really casual and simple. Not in sweats or baggy shirts but, jeans flats and plain shirts. Regardless on how you look I think it's always important to have good hygiene. Keep your hair healthy and maintain a great smile. I think its nice when a closet has fancy/pretty clothes but remember clothes does not define how pretty you are. As for your face getting older. Getting face creams will help anti-age creams. Eating properly and drinking plenty of water will help. Always remember you are beautiful regardless of age or clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as they undress more, dressing up isn't critical LOL

0|0
    2|0
  • They don't have to, but if we're talking in terms of beauty and competition, then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Bauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes