How can I make this girl want something more with me?, if there is any chance...

Long story short, I met this girl in university class, at first we texted a lot and talked on the phone. I assumed she liked me so I asked her out. First time she said yes but then canceled. Second time same thing. Third time after class she said yeah but she had already left so I went to pick her up but we ended up sstaying at her place, talking and hanging out, didn't want to risk trying something cause I really liked her and I mean wanted to get to know her. So on the weekend I went on a trip, brought her a small gift and tried to tell her we should hang out more and that I wanted to know her better the problem was that I actually said (I don't know what I said) I was so nervous (which I usually don't get) but I was so I said something like I like you and bla balbal oh sorry I'm so nervous blabalba! so I messed it up I guess... :S anyways the next couple of days I see her with this other guy, going everywhere istead of hanging out with me, when I called she didn't reply but she texted like oh I'm sorry I didn't pick up blabla but then she wouldn't answer again. I supposed she lost interest... so I backed away, later I mean I really like her so I called her again she didn't answer but she always texts me oh I'm sorry can you call me again, so I do, sometimes she answers sometimes she dont. In class she would look at me and if I saw her looking she would turn around quickly, so I mean maybe she physically likes me or something. Anyways she is always looking so beautiful and everyday I find something more beautiful about her!, but we don't talk that much anymore, I try appoaching but with so many people around in class, her fiends, my friends its really hard, I think she has been going out with some guy, not sure, but they always hang cause they are friends and he is in her friend group, he is my friend as well and I know he is a player I mean he hucked up with about 5 girls in the class, so I think something is going on between them I know he probably has tried, but nothing is for sure, anyways I really like her and I want to know if there is any chance I might get her to want something with me and how. Like I said, she looks at me like she does, specially when I get all dressed up for some reason, there might be attraction but maybe I went too fast, or messed up with what I said when I gave her the girft, also there is the other guy thing, if she is into him, it will be harder and I also have my pride, I mean I don't wanna be all crazy chacing but yes I want to be with her if posible, this has been going over my mind all weekend since so many days and its really hard I mean if there is no chance at all I can drop it, but something tells me there is, this might be only what I think but maybe I need someone else point of view... so if you can help me please answer this ...haha thanx...

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's what you need to do; stop contacting her as often as you do.

This girl is playing games, now you have to decide whether you are going to play this game or are you going to put your foot down because it's hurting you?

This girl sounds pretty flakey to me, I wouldn't give her another chance if I was you. But this is your friend and I think you probably like her a lot. If you feel that this is something you really want to pursue, then you should.

But definitely put a limit on how much you are going to give in. If she is seeing this other guy you may have to back off. Maybe they had something going on before you started making your moves?

These kinds of things happen all the time and she might just like this other guy more. I know that hurts but you never know. But if she keeps asking you to call her back, yet she won't answer the phone, that is a bad sign.

If a girl is interested in you she hates to miss your call. And if she does she calls you back as soon as possible because she is excited to talk to you and find out what's up. Even if you just want to say hey.

• i know that's true, the thing is I thought maybe she is playing the "im proud game lets see if he calls me again" you know like she said ill call you back or call me if I forget, I thought well if she is interested she won't forget, but maybe she just doest feel like calling becaus she is proud? I don't know I don't want to make up excuses really but this happens right? what do you think, by the way that time she didn't call and I called but she didn't pick up so I let it be...

• I don't know if she is not answering because she's proud. It might just be an ego trip thing. Maybe she wants to use this as a way to feel powerful because she has two guys who are basically at her beck and call? Who knows. But I would definitely be careful.