Do guys really like nerdy girls?

I think I am pretty nerdy, ( I like enjoy anime, video games, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, and doctor who ) and I know guys who are into those things wouldn't care ... but would this be a huge turn off to guys who are not into that stuff? I mean I'm not like an obnoxious weeaboo or whatever but I will probably end up cosplaying once in awhile so ya ... would that be considered creepy?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• emmm I think it can be a little obnoxious when girls are really vocal about it, like you get those girls who aren't really nerds but wear the nerd glasses and are vocally loud about how they love Pokemon and Xbox, yet they've probably never even experienced either. Just be yourself, and you'll do no harm, I personally like it when a girl is nerdy, its really cute and cuddly. If I wasn't into that stuff then I'd be eager to learn more about what the girl I like is into, and it'd make me happy to learn more about her, so its all good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First of all, I don't know much of any guys who AREN'T geeks. Whether it be about video games, DnD/WoW, Computers, Math, Sports, etc. A jock and a computer geek are the same basic idea, just packaged differently pointed a different direction.

From MY perspective, nerdy is a wicked turn-on. Science, Anime, Games, Cosplay, Computers. Any of it. It's just awesome. They have the best conversations, and the deepest ones. The only true emotional and intellectual bonds I've had have been with geeky girls. They value intelligence highly, in themselves and in others.

(For my first girlfriend, our first in-depth conversation was me explaining Multi-variable calculus, and her explaining how frogs release glucose so they can live after being frozen.)

I can't quite speak for other guys, but I can tell you this: If they think geeky isn't "cool enough" for them, they have no idea what they're missing with their arbitrary standards.

Cosplaying creepy? Naw. Any outlet you have to show playfulness is a good thing.

There are only two problems I have with geeky girls:

1. There aren't enough of them.

2. Geeky guys are/were considered the lowest of the low on the girls' desirability list.. ("Are/were", because this appears to be changing. To the benefit of everyone!)

0|1
    0|0
  • i like some anime so that's a plus. video games are awesome. never got into doctor who. magic is pretty damn nerdy lol but if she liked it I woudn't care, in fact I'd probably watch. I don't care what a girl is into for hobbies. if I like it too then great if not then that's OK too. to each his/her own. as long as it wasn't something weird like devil worshiping or something.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys like girls that they have things in common with. The only reasons guys might say they like nerdy girls are either A. he wants someone to share all his nerdy stuff with that he can also make out with or B. He equates being nerdy with low self-esteem/easy.

I've seen girls that are hardcore into it date guys who aren't, the same way I've seen guys who are date girls who aren't. Sometimes they convert their significant other, sometimes not.

0|1
    0|0
  • If those are things you genuinely enjoy and which make you happy, then they're not creepy. And any guy who says that is someone that's not worth your time, anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I don't think that stuff is creepy. But no I don't think that should matter much. Still, it's important that the people you date can take interest in the stuff you love. They don't have to be super involved, but if you have no common ground, then you might not have much to talk about. Also, any guy who rejects you simply because you're into anime, videogames and sci-fi, is not worth your time anyway.

Don't worry. You sound nice. You have a hobby, which is normal. You're also quite pretty. Frankly, any guy who gets you would be lucky to have you. So just be yourself, and don't even think about it. You have nothing to feel self conscious about.

Good luck out there. (Not that I think you'll need it.)

0|1
    0|0
  • That's not nerdy. Four guys that aren't into that stuff, they wouldn't really care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of guys are nerds at least to some degree so you have quite good odds.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not creppy at all. If it's what you enjoy doing then just do it and be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • i like you lots not matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer them over cheer leaders.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the guy is attracted to you and likes you, I think he'd probably enjoy the youthful things you do. Eventually you'll grow tired of those things everybody does and if he sticks around he'd be gland he did cause wow you're awesomely beautiful lol I say your picture.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes